Reasonably priced everyday aftershave / cologne

Hi guys. Fairly new to SE shaving, and gradually getting sorted. I decided that it was better to start really simply and gradually build a regime, only adding or changing one thing at a time and now it's the turn of aftershave / cologne.

It needs to be reasonably priced as it is intended for everyday use, saving the good stuff for special occasions and weekends. The problem is that there is so much to choose from, with the best prices often on the Internet, so how can you decide if you like the smell before you buy.

I was wondering if anyone has any samples of the likes of TOBS, Dr Harris, Trufitt & Hill and Myrsol.

Any help / suggestions gratefully received.

Available at The Fragrance Shop Sex Pistols Eau de Parfum

for only £4.99 and an excellent every day fragrance. A bargain, in my opinion.

Also Floris sale is on at the moment, a chance to get some higher end ASL for half price.

Worth looking at cheapsmells.com - great prices, great selection and free p&P too

All the best,

Jon

For a cheap everyday aftershave I recommend a look at Superdrug Forest Fresh. Smells great and a bargain at £2.50 a bottle.
Proraso/Speick are some other great A/S's. Usually around £10-£12.

jds said:
Available at The Fragrance Shop Sex Pistols Eau de Parfum

for only £4.99 and an excellent every day fragrance. A bargain, in my opinion.

Also Floris sale is on at the moment, a chance to get some higher end ASL for half price.

Worth looking at cheapsmells.com - great prices, great selection and free p&P too

All the best,

Jon

+1 on the Sex Pistols, it's from Etat Libre D'Orange.

Their fragrances normal retail around £52 for 50ml. This I believe, from what I have read, is a rebranded of their Etat Libre D'Orange Malaise of the 1970s. So well worth £4.99, I've one on the go and two "in stock ".

What's reasonable for you? If it's 10 quid +, I'd go with Myrsol or Speick. If it's 2-3 quid, just get a bottle of Boots Freshwood or before mentioned Superdrug.

another +1 for the sex pistols edp, well worth a punt.
montana parfum d'homme is a favourite of mine and is really good, its in the same ball park as azzaro and brut, very masculine, it doesnt smell like either of those it just reminds me of them. theres a couple of versions of montana, but the one im on about is the green bottle in the red box, and you can find it for eleven or twelve quid for 125ml if you look about.
ive just got a bottle of andy warhol pour homme for a fiver and thats very nice too, i can take or leave the bottle design though. if youre interested....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151022204816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Derbian said:
Hi guys. Fairly new to SE shaving, and gradually getting sorted. I decided that it was better to start really simply and gradually build a regime, only adding or changing one thing at a time and now it's the turn of aftershave / cologne.

Hi there,

Couple things I might suggest about an aftershave. Cologne is something not normally used on your face, but more like a fragrance thing after the shave.

So do you like to feel the BURN? If so then pick something with lots of alcohol. If that doesn't grab you, go with one without. Or else just pick something middle of the road with just a little zing to it. Then you got the menthol option if you are one of them crazy freaky frozen menth heads. If not, then do not try this stuff , even if the first aftershave offer is free.

Start with deciding on what style suits you and go from there.

Martin

Evening Guys, I too was looking for an everyday scent

Just had a bottle of 007 run out and currently using my Police Original

Looks like I'll have to try that Sex Pistols one

My cheap and good are:

Superdrug forest fresh as
Blue stratos as
Old spice as

But I also have the aforementioned sex pistol EDT - this is a real bargain! - but not an aftershave!

Poraso and Aqua Velva as already mentioned are great. I also use Thayers Witch Hazel Rose as a splash (£11) for a huge size bottle and it feels great. Prof Blighty's non alcoholic ASs seem ok too.

Plenty of choices out there.

I read aftershave testes from the german consumer magazine and all those aftershaves scored very blady, only nature products like Speick scored good, but even Old Spice still scored not so good.

So my conclusion was a cheap aftershave from like Wilkinson Sword can't be much worse.

Re: RE: Reasonably priced everyday aftershave / cologne

Fido said:
Think I need to take a look at this forest fresh - has a nice name.

Its good stuff for keeping foxes out the garden, I emptied 3 bottles of it at the end of the garden, didn't see a fox for a few days :)

The bottles are good to decant big bottles of aftershave into.

Back
Top Bottom