Razors for Feather SE blades

I can't find a YouTube vid of this - can anyone else?

JohnnyO said:
I've sent off for some Feather SEs Bro Bechet, in the TSR spirit of "taking one for the Team". So I'll let you know when they arrive & if you haven't received any from another source I'll happily pop a couple off to you. The trade off is that every few months you give us an update on Carmen.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

Yes, please, Johnny. Deal.

Tall_Paul said:
Do you just push a new blade back into the spine or do you have to anything else to make it secure?

I just push them on securely and evenly, once it fits in the razor i have not seen any movement problems, you can use needle nose pliers to try to flatten the spine to the blade...after test fitting.

One step backwards, one step forwards! Having sold some Gem Micromatics, I bought an Ever-Ready Peerless. And what is an Ever-Ready Peerless if it isn't a Micromatic by another name?

Ah well! I now have some Gem Blue Star blades so maybe - hopefully - they will make the Ever-Ready tolerable to good shaving. Same goes for a Micromatic bullet-point/nose that also arrived this morning - and gold has surreptitiously arrived in my collection.

An interesting shave tomorrow what with these two and a Gillette WS Saloon blade to test.

Bring on the Valet Auto-Strop and Feather SE blades!

Did we ever sort out how to convert SE blades spineless to spined?

Bechet45 said:
You may be the man for me, Mondoj!

I'm looking for a generous person to donate a Feather FHS-5 Hi-Stainless blade or two to a good cause - Feather SE - namely me! Once bitten over 100 Gem SE blades that I did not like when I tried them, twice shy over Feather SE blades - and Paul needs £6 to send me five of them.

Anybody got one or two they can spare, please?

Try palm stropping the Gems. They may have little burs that cause a ruff experience. It might work.

I use them in my Gem Pushbutton and put a spine on one and used it in my 1912.
[/quote]

I don't understand this putting a "Spine" on the blade. I've tried taking the spine off a blade but not putting one back on.

Back
Top Bottom