RazoRock Hawk V2 vs V3 (standard)

ATG

Supporter
Supporter
Today I had my first shave with a recently acquired RazoRock Hawk V2 in black. I was thoroughly impressed by how the artist club blade feel, the sharpness and smoothness. This was also my first aluminium razor I used and have to say it felt a bit 'toy like' coming from heavy stainless steel DE razors I am used too.
Being so light it was probably a good thing as it helped with pressure control.

After such a positive experience I think I want to explore more of the SE razors world and my immediate instinct is to try a 'heavier' razor. I get along nicely with mild razors so it would have to be on the mild side.

I was wondering if anyone here used both the V2 and the V3 with standard plate (not A or OC) for a direct comparison.

Your help, opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The V3 imo is far smoother than the V2 - to me, they don't shave anything like each other.

For less than half the price of a V3, you can pick up a Yaqi Excalibur/ Raster.
The shave is perfect every time.

The V3 is hardly a looker either !
jim GIF

As I am now tight on budget with the recent purchases I'll go with the ugly option first. ;)
If I get on with it then maybe save up and go for more expensive stuff. Interested to see how the Claymore from ES turns out. It may well get on the wish list if it's on the mild side.
Are you guys considering buying it when it comes out or you're up to the brim with gear?

I’m also a fan of the V3 and have the standard and A plates - the A is my preference. If you are in the UK you can no longer get this directly from Italian Barber and the only EU supplier that I can see that has it in stock - Gifts and Care - are not shipping to the UK at present.

I’m also a fan of the V3 and have the standard and A plates - the A is my preference. If you are in the UK you can no longer get this directly from Italian Barber and the only EU supplier that I can see that has it in stock - Gifts and Care - are not shipping to the UK at present.
Thanks Rob for letting me know. This makes me feel better about my decision. Will go with @Paul L 's suggestion and get the Yaqi (to @Boycie83 's disgust :D) and wait to see what gets released ie Claymore or Colonial before spending the big bucks.

I’m also a fan of the V3 and have the standard and A plates - the A is my preference. If you are in the UK you can no longer get this directly from Italian Barber and the only EU supplier that I can see that has it in stock - Gifts and Care - are not shipping to the UK V3 are available here

https://shavingtime.co.uk/search?q=Hawk&options[prefix]=last

V3 & V3-A available here

@ATG , if you decide to purchase, PM me for the discount code

Today I had my first shave with a recently acquired RazoRock Hawk V2 in black. I was thoroughly impressed by how the artist club blade feel, the sharpness and smoothness. This was also my first aluminium razor I used and have to say it felt a bit 'toy like' coming from heavy stainless steel DE razors I am used too.
Being so light it was probably a good thing as it helped with pressure control.

After such a positive experience I think I want to explore more of the SE razors world and my immediate instinct is to try a 'heavier' razor. I get along nicely with mild razors so it would have to be on the mild side.

I was wondering if anyone here used both the V2 and the V3 with standard plate (not A or OC) for a direct comparison.

Your help, opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If you want the God end of the SE razors look out for any of the brass or stainless Colonial razors being sold or a stainless Mongoose. Your exploration will need go no further.

Thank you @Paul L for your kind offer. I went ahead with your budget friendly suggestion and ordered a Yaqi. I'll see how more weight changes the experience and take it from there. I'm afraid I'm going to like it and then in the quest for the best I can see myself hunting for a Colonial as @Satanfriendly recommended. Or wait until their V2 gets released and see what reviews it gets.

Thank you all for your contributions.

The Colonial V2? If so this was released a year or so back as a number of us have one. Ain't cheap but a stonkingly good razor. Some say shaves very much like the Blacklands Vector which is available here in the UK ocassionally. I say ocassionally as they disappear quickly

In my next SOTD

My bad for not doing my homework properly as reading on their website it states 'V2 heads in production, stay tuned' This got me thinking is a new version doh! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to your SOTD @Satanfriendly

Back
Top Bottom