Razor identity please

Hi Chaps,

Is anyone able to indentify this razor and give me some idea of the the value, a friend picked it up at a boot fair and asked me, but I have no idea what it is/worth. It has a logo which appears to be 2 matchstick men, doing an Egyptian pose!

Thanks

Attachments

• mystry razor.JPG
    mystry razor.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 69
hunnymonster said:
They quite possibly didn't make them...

:icon_rolleyes: Okay. I didn't know there were any Henckels badged DE razors. Rebranded Merkur or Hoffritz?

lesed said:
After looking a little more closely at the pic he sent me, it appears to be a single edge razor

It certainly looks like a DE in that pic.

Yellow Jim said:
hunnymonster said:

:icon_rolleyes: Okay. I didn't know there were any Henckels badged DE razors. Rebranded Merkur or Hoffritz?

lesed said:
After looking a little more closely at the pic he sent me, it appears to be a single edge razor

Fair enough, anyway of dating it or valueing it? He says its in excellent condition no marks or cracks on the box

lesed said:
Yellow Jim said:
hunnymonster said:

lesed said:

Fair enough, anyway of dating it or valueing it? He says its in excellent condition no marks or cracks on the box

As HM & Jim have said almost certainly a re-branded Merkur. A few outlets did this in the 50's and 60"s like Hoffritz and Pomco. Your is one made for J. A Henckels a well known German Cutler. As to its age a difficult one as these seem to be a bit un-common. One went on B&B for about $50.00, but it was in slightly worse condition and no case. So I guess like most razors if collector wants it bad enough it may make money depends how you advertise it......:icon_wink:

Hi

yeah Henckels did make DE Razors, (well i say made, the head on mine is very similar to the vintage Merkurs, they perhaps had them made and just had the name on them...) i have a mint DE one myself, will provide some pics tomorrow, the handle is very similar to a Gillette Single Ring, and like i said the head is similar to a Merkur.

Here is some info from my new waits Compendium....

PartA.jpg

PartB.jpg

PartC.jpg

PartD.jpg

Steve

Hiya,

A little off the topic maybe, but Dovo also made DE razors. Yep, there was a Chicago cutlery company named D. Corrado that sold those under their own name. I actually have one of those.....it's a slant that looks very similar to the Hoffritz.

Martin

The two matchstick men are the Henckels twins (Zwilling in German, their brand is called Zwilling). Zwilling/Henckels are a semi-famous Solingen brand for better than average knives, primarily kitchen knives. Dunno about their razors, if any, though

Back
Top Bottom