Razor identification

I'm a new boy here but I've been collecting straight razors for the last couple of years
without knowing much about them but appreciating their quality and workmanship.
Now I'd like to know more about them and hope you can help. This razor I picked up last week-end here in France; I think it is English as it's marked 'Made from Kayser Ellison & co's best Sheffield silver steel but there is no makers name ?[attachment=2903]

Attachments

• IMGP2995.jpg
    IMGP2995.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 24
fatboy1971 said:
Dunno but ill give ya a fiver for it. Lol .Neils the man he will sort ya rite.unlees ya wanna take that fiver for it?

Hello Colin - still the joker I see! :icon_razz: Hope you are keeping well, haven't seen you posting much lately.

As far as the razor is concerned, without a makers mark you will never know - the design is similar to so many others that one can only speculate.

Kayser Ellison steel was widely exported, a lot went to Germany, so that isn't really a clue. The razors made in Germany from it had that inscription in english on them.

Regards,
Neil

Neil Miller said:
fatboy1971 said:
Dunno but ill give ya a fiver for it. Lol .Neils the man he will sort ya rite.unlees ya wanna take that fiver for it?

Hello Colin - still the joker I see! :icon_razz: Hope you are keeping well, haven't seen you posting much lately.

As far as the razor is concerned, without a makers mark you will never know - the design is similar to so many others that one can only speculate.

Kayser Ellison steel was widely exported, a lot went to Germany, so that isn't really a clue. The razors made in Germany from it had that inscription in english on them.

Regards,
Neil

Many thanks to you both - at least I know a little more ! I'm afraid, Colin, you'll have to wait a bit in case I get bored with it.

Cheers

I know some guys in Germany collects razor made of Kayser Ellison and co's best Sheffield silver steel, small niche, but they swear by them. I allways wanted to try one, trade!? :icon_wink:

Arrowhead said:
I've yet to get that Vōst Special in shaving fettle, Mikael, but when I do I'll be sure to tell you how good it is.

Why you... you snagged my trade, didn´t you!? :mad: :icon_lol:

Keep your hair on Mikael! :p

We've discussed the Vōst before - it's the one in plywood scales with the bloodstains and all, not very prepossessing. I've had it for quite a while, and no trades involved ... only mentioned it on account of Kayser Ellison.

Back
Top Bottom