Razor ID please.

$(KGrHqR,!jYE650+ky(LBO5lo0wKzg~~60_12.JPG

As Father Jack would say....
Father%2BJack.jpg

What the hell is that?

Bid £3, really for the blades. The razor is an unexpected extra. As its OC its not one I would use.

At best you have a Double Ring '04' Gillette! The most collectable Gillette made!! If so; sell it and enjoy your winter holiday in the south of France!
It's a nice Christmas thought!
Johnus

It says "Gallio" or "Gallia" on the Lid ?

if "Gallio" then i can't find anything, but there is a reference in "Waits Compendium" of a "Gallia" Razor made in France in the 1920's, an open comb Razor with two studs and a screw in cap.

or as Johnus has stated, Gillette Double ring, but the teeth look too small / thin, but if it is.................................

kaching-kaching.s600x600.jpg

I so very doubt that I could be that lucky.

I tried Googling Gallio with no joy. I suspect it will be the Frenchie then. We'll see when it arrives. TBH Im only after the blades! Be loveley if it was the Gillette though (((dreams of spending his millions)))

Ahhh - Mine has 13 teeth though - i believe the Gillette has 14.
Does come with a "dull" blade case though.

My hunch is that it's a double ring copy, the top ring is usually much more pronounced than that and the head and teeth don't look quite right.

Sorry, but I think you're correct. The 'real one has an even number of teeth . The two rings at the top are also equal or about equal in size. The serial number on the 04 double ring is on the inside barrel .
It does make you heart stop for a min thinking you might have one.
I bought a very nice clone from a fellow TSR member. Very clean and nice looking. It is an excellent shaver.

Well, its arrived and sadly isnt a rare Gillette, it isnt even a Gillette. Gawd knows what it s there appear to be no markings whatsoever on it - here are some superbly naff photos taken with my 100 year old Sony:-

30084622.jpg

5d390d8b.jpg

20fb0d0e.jpg

f1a44521.jpg

Of course, I actually bid on the auction for these:-
4fb9115f.jpg

f96e35ee.jpg

The white card says "Remember to buy more Wilkinson Sword blades this morning"

Superb!

So Gentlemen, its over to you with regards Razor ID.

Back
Top Bottom