Razor ID Please

I'm sure this is pretty straightforward, bit I don't know my DE razors. I got it as part of a lot I picked for something else. Gave it a good clean and found it gives a really comfortable shave, and pretty close too.

97c6377f.jpg

f6a021d7.jpg

It's probably one of the gold techs looking at some of the colour left on it, particularly in the grooves around the ball and under the head. Cleaned within an inch of its life, several times! Nice little razors to shave with, probably my favourite Gillette.

Ball end tech as stated by HM

I have an English Tech which provides a very comfortable shave with a sharp blade (eg Gillette Super thin, Gillette 7O'Clock sharp edge).

Nice razors. Often easy to pick up cheaply.

Canuck said:
It's probably one of the gold techs looking at some of the colour left on it, particularly in the grooves around the ball and under the head. Cleaned within an inch of its life, several times! Nice little razors to shave with, probably my favourite Gillette.

I had to give it a very thorough clean as the razor was nearly black with grime. Most of it is now a very light gold, bit it's actually more of a copper colour in the grooves and recesses. Were these razors available in copper or maybe Rose gold?

No copper, although the gold ones are a really funny gold colour, it's like a very deep, orange-y gold. You could say it has a copper tint actually.

I think yours was originally a gold one with a lot of the plating rubbed off (before your time I think, it takes more than one good clean to remove plate) and the base metal is showing through. No bad thing, it's still going to shave well and they're pretty bombproof.

Back
Top Bottom