razor bank

An empty Colmans mustard tin was an idea I saw somewhere in the shaving forums. Either tape on the lid to deter inquisitive little fingers or simply drop the blades in the top. The tin seems ideally suited for the purpose due to its size and shape.

I used to put them in the empty space at the bottom of my fresh razor blade boxes, which I believe is what that gap is for.

However I saw this money box last week which goes nicely with my white ramekin lather bowl, and SWMBO nautical bathroom theme.

565908_1005_1_800.jpg

I have it turned around though so you cannot see the slot, otherwise it could look like a postbox.

I pop mine into the slot on the back of the plastic container they come in - I've got a few of these saved up and they all hold more used blades than however many new blades they contained so I'll not run out anytime soon. Once it's full I give it to the missus.......

She's a nurse and puts it in the sharps bin at work.

I luckily have an old medicine cabinet with a Used Razor Blade Slot. Comforting to know that there's ~90yrs of blades somewhere in that wall!!

flip-68 said:
Aldi sell a small tin of mints for a quid with a hinged sealing lid. It doesn't take up too much space and mine has 2 years worth of blades in. Job done.

Mine is an M&S mint tin, upper class mints see ;)

Guess I'll be off to Aldi on Saturday to get myself a backup, that and I like mints :)

Being by nature a cheapskate, which is why I've spent hundreds of quid on shaving gear, I took a can of beer (Stella I think), drank it, rinsed the can and use it as a blade bank. The ring-pull is exactly the right size to pass a blade through.

Back
Top Bottom