Rave. Italian Job. In da House!!

The general advice on most beans from Rave over on Coffee Forums UK is to leave them 10-14 days to get the best out of them, unfortunately this requires some forward planning of your coffee consumption, which even the most experienced of us get wrong at some time or other, or do as I do and succumb to special offers like I keep doing the result being 3.5kg of assorted beans in my kitchen at once, all food for the beast that is the Eureka Mythos 3.3 seconds for a 20g dose on average lol.

Well I have just finished my bag of Italian Job and I must say it was great. As a newcomer to good coffee I wanted to try a different blend so I have just ordered a kilo of their signature blend to compare.

Yes more Rave ordered too, Moc Java and Signature.

I like this company...decent beans, website, reasonable postage and you can pay by paypal, it's the little things.

I shall go back to the Italian Job after this, the signature blend is probably the better coffee it certainly seems to have a more complex flavour but I prefer the punch of the Italian Job.

Coming to the end of this batch. Still performing well. Little adjustments here and there to the grind but overall very good. Will go for happy donkey next.

I would like a little more depth of flavour without the bitterness.

I would buy again though.

TB

Slick said:
... Will go for happy donkey next.
TB

I wouldn't bother. Their web-site states that "beans are rarely over 14 days old". There are so many roasters who will ship the day after they roast your order so that you NEVER get beans that old!

Try the coffeebeanshop

this was very nice: https://www.coffeebeanshop.co.uk/colombian-bucaramanga-p-363.html

Another to add to the list is Smokey Barn. They have a few single origins at £3 a 250g bag. Mine arrived today, roasted yesterday! You can order up to 3 bags for RM 1st class delivery at £3.20. Haven't tried them yet (need to rest them a while for espresso) but other people on CFUK rate them quite highly.

Back
Top Bottom