Rack for razor storage?

They do from time to time to time but they ate not always described as "Test Tube Rack" often it is . a short while back one of the members bought a couple and it was on the BST for ages.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAB-EQUIPMENT-6-HOLE-TEST-TUBE-RACK-HARD-WOOD-FRAME-/110647008437?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item19c3135cb5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAB-EQUIPMENT-6-H ... 19c3135cb5</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAB-EQUIPMENT-6-HOLE-TEST-TUBE-RACK-HARD-WOOD-FRAME-/110647008437?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item19c3135cb5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAB-EQUIPMENT-6-H ... 19c3135cb5</a><!-- m -->

Mine is like the first one and I sprayed it with primer and then car wheel paint.

Birds eye maple slabs hanging around the garage for 7-9 years; What to do? Didn’t like the test tube holder with plastic. My friend Michael Curtis started out with just a few pictures from Classic Shaving and no measurements for a single razor and brush holder. I was getting ready, in September or October, for the Santa Exchange. So we made a few samples out of pine and then went to the maple. I even had stock thick enough for dowels to match the wood of course. The person I gave a present to, in past posts, didn’t like razor holders. Stop the milling work! I had to look for another present for him then. Gave out several samples.

We decided to go with the 7 razor holder first, then we went for the 39. I still have to sand and assemble the BE Maple stands, but they do the trick. Never got around to tell TSR until now. I have one sample left and we’ll eventually get around to assembling the others. Might even give a newbie one to play around with, either that, or use for kindling in the stove. Nice to have a detached work shop and studio though.

All the best, Robert

Attachments

• Razor Stands.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 51
That looks like a tidy job Robert. :D

I don't know that I'm very keen on razor stands; certainly not for straights but they make more sense for plated DEs. I thought about this, sketched out a few ideas for expandable designs with the collector's market in mind (do people collect safety razors? - I suppose they must do :lol: ), but decided that there wasn't much to be gained by using a fancy rack other than an impressive display. I like the plastic test tube racks that I think Audiolab uses - very practical, but mine are still poking through the gaps in a wire bathroom shelf, which seems ideal to me.

Every time I go down into the cellar at work, I keep eyeing up our cellar tidy which is used for cask ale taps, spiles, spare keystones (the bit the tap goes in), replacement shives (the bit the spile goes in) and spile mallets etc.

Looks handy ????

6-207.jpg

Arrowhead said:
I take it we can expect a proper pint at your place when we all turn up for a TSR get together then, Matt! Never mind about the razors, beer's the important stuff.

Absolutely!

I pride myself on my cellar management, I will not serve beer that I wouldn't drink myself.

My employer (a large Suffolk-based brewer :roll: ) insists that all sites use cask aspirators to keep the beer 'artificially' fresh for longer by using a blanket of CO2 over the beer, I just make damn sure it sells quickly so that I dont have to use them. It's a matter of pride for me that I do it properly rather than using silly bits of equipment that can kill the flavour.

Matt

Gruff said:
good stuff! I love me proper beer! where abouts are you then? and what beers, have/do you get?

Gruff,

I'm in Fareham, Hampshire. Sadly as a brewery owned house, we have to stock the company's beer so Greene King IPA, Abbott ale and occasionally, either Old Speckled Hen/Abbott Reserve/St Edmonds or some other concoction usually with a 'comedy' name :roll:

Wow!..Robert you sure know how to make works of art..and serve a purpose as well sir! :ugeek:

Blades

Robert Otten said:
Birds eye maple slabs hanging around the garage for 7-9 years; What to do? Didn’t like the test tube holder with plastic. My friend Michael Curtis started out with just a few pictures from Classic Shaving and no measurements for a single razor and brush holder. I was getting ready, in September or October, for the Santa Exchange. So we made a few samples out of pine and then went to the maple. I even had stock thick enough for dowels to match the wood of course. The person I gave a present to, in past posts, didn’t like razor holders. Stop the milling work! I had to look for another present for him then. Gave out several samples.

We decided to go with the 7 razor holder first, then we went for the 39. I still have to sand and assemble the BE Maple stands, but they do the trick. Never got around to tell TSR until now. I have one sample left and we’ll eventually get around to assembling the others. Might even give a newbie one to play around with, either that, or use for kindling in the stove. Nice to have a detached work shop and studio though.

All the best, Robert

Back
Top Bottom