R41 wish me luck

As long as you are already confident with the R41 you will be fine. I've used a feather in mine before, but didn't actually get as close with it as I expected. I think a milder blade suits the razor better.

I found the feathers the best in the R41. Other blades felt a little rough to me. If you never log back in again we'll know it didnt go to plan :blush:

j/k :icon_mrgreen:

@xenton: I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with the R41. In your previous posts you said that you'd only used the EJ DE89 beforehand, is that right?

I just got my first Open Comb, Merkur 25C and was thinking about getting an R41 instead but was too chicken.

Take it easy (and carefully)

There's something to be said for LTB's theory, I do like a seven o'clock yellow in mine but I've had good shaves with Derby too. When I've used a feather I've been easy oasy as to whether it was as close, no idea how that works. :-\
Take your time, prepare well and you'll have loads of fun I'm sure.

Good luck wished. I also have an R41.....but I feel more confident shaving with either a Trad straight or a Feather Straight. Less chance of blood loss!

culcreuch said:
Good luck wished. I also have an R41.....but I feel more confident shaving with either a Trad straight or a Feather Straight. Less chance of blood loss!

Heh - been using the R41 and Feather to tidy up the results of my straight razor efforts - positively mild by comparison :)

I love shaving with my R41 and have used it almost every time I have shaved in the last few months, but I have not yet tried a feather in it. In fact I have not used a feather in any razor since I was fairly new to DE shaving, at the time I found them a little rough although that was probably more to do with technique. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

I started with a Derby in the R41 and moves onto and Astra green, about two weeks under my belt, the feather in the R41 was great, a WTG and XTG was brilliantly close, a quick tidy up pass and I would of been BBS, amazing. Did get a bit of blood let on the neck, just put a tiny bit of pressure and it dig it, but I still love the shave and result.

It actually brings your technique on no end. You don't have to do your whole face with it either the first time you use it.

I can honestly say that I have only been DE shaving for 2 months, mostly using a r89.

I bought the r41 with some trepidation after reading all the comments about it. I can say its the best thing I did, so far I have only used it twice and must confess to doing 2 pass shaves both times. But I did not have any cuts, nicks or soreness at all.

I loved the R41 when I used it, though I found another razor that's just as aggressive but the shave was a lot smoother, still need 3 passes whatever I use though

Re: RE: R41 wish me luck

Dobbo25 said:
I loved the R41 when I used it, though I found another razor that's just as aggressive but the shave was a lot smoother, still need 3 passes whatever I use though

What razor is that then?

I love my r41. Closest shave I've had, the only razor to come close for me is the Merkur slant, which is not quite as close, but against the grain is hands down the nicest shave I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom