questions about Knize Ten

I want to try this scent but:
1. but the only stockists I can find are US-based sellers on ebay who appear vastly over-priced, and manufactum.co.uk which, having looked at some of their other products, also appear to be strangers to a bargain. Are these the best sources out there?
2. eau de toilette or after shave? I read the article here about the difference, but would like to hear how that pans out for Knize Ten. is it just a question of longevity, or is there a qualitative difference between the two?
3. any other similar leather-based scents recommended?

looking forward to your input before I put it on my list for santa,
cheers.

moreau said:
I want to try this scent but:
1. but the only stockists I can find are US-based sellers on ebay who appear vastly over-priced, and manufactum.co.uk which, having looked at some of their other products, also appear to be strangers to a bargain. Are these the best sources out there?
2. eau de toilette or after shave? I read the article here about the difference, but would like to hear how that pans out for Knize Ten. is it just a question of longevity, or is there a qualitative difference between the two?

looking forward to your input before I put it on my list for santa,
cheers.

pm me your postal address and I'll send you what remains of a sample I purchased a few months ago. I find it's not for me so you might as well have the benefit.

moreau said:

Ah leather scents, now we're talking!

Royal English Leather by Creed is 'similar' but neither really float my boat . . . too floral.

Try these:

Creed: Cuir De Russie
Chanel: Cuir De Russie
Le Labo: Patchouli 24 (ignore the name, it's leather)
Histoires de Perfums: 1740 Marquis De Sade
Piguet: Bandit
Montalle: Oud Cuir d'Arabie

There are much cheaper ones out there but leather 'done right' is worth the extra cost.

Cheers gingerpose and joe,
I've been looking around for a suitably manly scent since I got tired of brut. thought i might try leather. i hadn't realised it was quite so fetishistic and campy, with names like 'bandit' and 'marquis de sade'. I don't know if I could look a shop assistant in the eye when purchasing.

why are these things so hard to find on the internet?

Hiya,

When I get a hankering to sample something new, I'll often look to the lovely ladies at The Perfumed Court for assistance. Yeah, they aren't cheap, but at least I can order a small decant imstead of buying a whole bottle blind. Heh, that option's saved me some cash in the past (and cost me some as well....heh)

They have Knize Ten in stock, as well as the Knize Sec, which I prefer even more.

Hope that helps a bit,

Martin[/quote]

moreau said:
i hadn't realised it was quite so fetishistic and campy, with names like 'bandit' and 'marquis de sade'. I don't know if I could look a shop assistant in the eye when purchasing.

Pah, that's nowt my oad. I've got Musk Kublai Khan, Magnificent Secretions and Delicious Closset Queen.

Back
Top Bottom