Q turning blades over

Does anyone turn their razor blade over after so many shaves? Maybe it's a stupid question but it's something I really haven't thought about until now. Doe it do any thing, is the quality of the shave increased, or is it pointless?

I think, by now people will already have an idea what my opinion on this kind of thing is.

Just in case, though.

I think it is a little bit pointless.

Of course - Vinny's is not the only opinion available.

Why is it pointless though? Is it because, although there are two bevels on each side, there's only one edge, which gets unevenly worn as you use it?
That's my theory anyway.

henkverhaar said:
For the record, I agree ;-)

I do turn though, but not on purpose. After a few shaves, I will strop my blade on my Allegro machine, to extend the life of the blade. It then goes back into the razor randomly...
Henk, just out of curiosity, how many shaves do you get out of a blade? How many "cycles" in the Allegro before you bin it?

Do you do 3 shaves, Allegro, 3 shaves, Allegro, etc.... :arrow: bin?

Max

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc</a><!-- m -->

try that link..it works for many people

B

FrenchBlade said:
Henk, just out of curiosity, how many shaves do you get out of a blade? How many "cycles" in the Allegro before you bin it?

Max

I've stretched one blade to last 4 weeks. As stated previously, you will never get it back to factory sharpness, not with modern blades, but you can consistently keep the blade at day 4 sharpness...

henkverhaar said:
FrenchBlade said:

Max

I've stretched one blade to last 4 weeks. As stated previously, you will never get it back to factory sharpness, not with modern blades, but you can consistently keep the blade at day 4 sharpness...

Have to be the one to say this, but using an Allegro is definitely very "dutch" :D

Max

henkverhaar said:
For the record, I agree ;-)

I do turn though, but not on purpose. After a few shaves, I will strop my blade on my Allegro machine, to extend the life of the blade. It then goes back into the razor randomly...

Now I'll have to Google Allegro machine. I don't know what it is..... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom