Proraso shave cut healing gel

I guess most of us guys (except antdad and vinny) at some point have managed an epic shave FAIL and severed an artery somewhere on our face. I've just managed to slice into one on the inside of my nostril, for crying out loud.

Stage right, enter this:

http://connaughtshaving.com/prorasogel.html

I've been using it on and off for a while now, and it's the mutts. Blood was pouring, I say pouring over my top lip while I tried to finish my shave. Small blob of that gel on my fingertip, on the offending slice, the blood flow was reduced to almost nothing in an instant.

It's gonna sting like a cow in the morning though.

I'd recommend it.

Hi CD

Seen this advertised and was sceptical, or was that styptical? Anyhow, does it dry in noticeably? Nicked my nose a couple of weeks ago, in a hurry as usual, slapped on the old styptic pencil and ran out the door to work. About lunchtime I talking to a mother and kid, the wee girl just stared at me agog, the mum never said a word. Went to the loo, washed my hands and noticed I had what can only be described as a meringue with a raspberry base stuck to my bugle. Professional to the end. :oops:

I have some and have used it, but find that a regular styptic pencil does a much better job - quicker too (just need to remember to rinse the residue off when it dries).

edit: I find the Proraso gel also leaves a residue.

I find the Proraso gel leaves a residue but not as much of a residue as any of the stypic pencils I've ever used. But to be honest, with a cut like this, there's gonna be a lil scab/scar anyways.

I just find it faster acting and better than the styptic pencils I have. Maybe I need better pencils? The thought of a styptic pencil on a cut up my nose makes my toes curl.

As a noob, I have made much use of this gel, although I only use it on big cuts as I find it somehow 'curdles' an asb! maybe I'm doing something very wrong?

Alum for small nicks; Proraso gel for those odd cuts to the nose and ear (don't ask) that bleed a lot. It does the job and it peels off like a film when the cut is healed. Residue? I don't really care as I'm trying to stop blood running down my chest. ;)

+1 that. Blood on a wet face goes everywhere, you need something to stop the flow fast. Proraso gel or superglue. You can pretty it up later.

It's as sore as hell today :(

Of course if you guys had learned to shave properly in the first place, you wouldnt be needing any of this gel or alum stuff,,I dont know,, bleedin' amateurs :D
kind regards
scarface

Back
Top Bottom