Proraso Pre-Post Cream

As I'm getting a low level warning on my Coral Skin Food bottle (Only about 6 months to a years worth of product remaining).
And, as I was placing a blade order anyway, I decided to order a jar of this stuff as well.

The A/S splash is a staple of my bathroom cabinet, and I love all things menthol. So I don't think that I'm taking too much of a chance by ordering this stuff blind.

I've read the reviews on B&B, and it's a bit of a mixed bag. Lots of people don't see its worth as a pre-shave, while others love it.

Just wondering if anyone on here uses it, and what your opinions are.

Thanks.

I use it as a pre shave when I don't shower as it helps soften the beard.I also use it as a pre shave when I am in the shower and want a full on menthol hit.This is usually in summertime.As a post shave I find it calms redness down quite a bit and soothes any burn.Make sure you rub well in as a post and don't get it near your eyes :lol:

Smell The Glove said:
As I'm getting a low level warning on my Coral Skin Food bottle (Only about 6 months to a years worth of product remaining).

:lol: Yeah, the skinfood lasts a fair while, doesn't it?

Regards Proraso pre/post, I used it as a pre-shave for a time. Didn't make a massive difference to my shave (I thought menthol was an aid to closing pores?). As a post-shave it's certainly cooling and refreshing, though I prefer a/s that's a bit less gunky in texture. If you're buying it for its mentholocityness, you'll love it.

Same as Boab, it is a good pre-shave especially if I am not showering, I try to slap some on ideally quarter of an hour before shaving and it works well to soften the beard. I don't use it as a post-shave but I do enjoy the menthol kick after shaving sometimes. you can also get it in a white lidded tub which is Aloe and Green Tea, it doesn't have the same menthol kick but works just as well.

I use it from time to time, usually post: that blast of menthol is sometimes exactly what I want. As regards pre, I'm not sure if it does any good, but again it's a pleasant sensation occasionally, and gratifyingly strange combined with a hot towel. Of course it also has a third use, for deodorising whiffy brushes.

I found that as a pre shave it is useless. Soap and hot water work for me.

However the Proraso is quite good as a post shave, it's very cooling and moisturising. There is a very similar Italian cream called Prep. Great for sunburn too.

Pete

Used it a couple of times now, and it's the most full on menthol hit I have ever experienced. Eye wateringly so.

Pre-shave, the menthol made my face feel so cold, I wondered if it was doing much good. However, on my second shave using it I skimped on my prep and I think the cream helped a little. The jury is still out on that one.
Post. The aforementioned menthol on top of the Proraso splash is more than just cooling. It's a real ice cold blast. And the product, although is thick (actually it's thicker than thick, it's practically solid), is absorbed right into the skin.

A little goes a long way, so the small glass jar will surely last a long time. My first impressions are very good, I am liking this stuff a lot.

Mentholocityness

They also do a version for sensitive skin, I use the regular cream and have had no problems with it.

The rush of coolness post shave is fantastic! :)

Question:

How are you guys applying it post shave?

I've tried applying it to both wet and dry skin and every time I do the cream doesn't get absorbed its almost like the cream dries out and turns into a crumbly sort of texture.

That has been my sole issue in having this product but not using it.

andyjreid said:
Question:

How are you guys applying it post shave?

I've been taking a little on my finger and spreading, then rubbing vigorously onto my patted almost dry (or A/S splashed ) face.
I rub it right in until it's absorbed.

Yesterday was my first DE shave in a couple of weeks, and I must have used a little too much pressure because I had a slight irritation under my chin a couple of hours after. A 2nd application on the offending area sorted it out.

A little goes a long way I find,

I also pat my face dry and then rub it well in until it is absorbed into my skin.

If you use too much and it wont rub in just wipe off the excess with a towel

you might be using too much Andy.I apply it while slightly wet and then put some A/S on after it has been absorbed.

When I first got this, I wasnt too impressed as it didnt seem to add anything to the pre or post shave experience, infact using it after, just seemed to leave me with white patches on my face, where I had applied it.
However not having used it for some months, almost discarded the stuff, I gave it a go afew weeks ago as a pre shave. As I hadnt shaved for afew days, massaged in and it certainly seemed to help with my shave, as I often get small weepers under the chin, no matter how careful I am. Now having used it on a more regular basis, I find that it helps ( well it does in my mind ) and the weepers seem to be a thing of the past, either that or my technique has improved. As yet, I havent gone back to using as a post shave.

Not sure it does much as a pre.

I wasn't convinced by the post bit either, until recently.

I use it after applying the liquid milk. The milk on its own is ok, the pre/post on its own is ok. Together they seem to be an awesome combo, and any redness is gone after 10-15 mins. If not, then a 2nd application of Post clears it up.

I sometimes use it even when I don't shave, as a moisturiser. It's great for those "slow" mornings when you need a menthol blast to wake you up and get you going.

Use in combination with Original Source XXX Mint shower gel for the ultimate wake up! :eek:

John

Back
Top Bottom