Proraso Pre and Post shave

mostly a pre for me but I do use it post now and again, especially in summer before a nice game of golf.

Pre for me but only if I am not straight out the shower before shaving, I tend to put it on about 20 mins before shaving and while it doesn't make the skin that different what it does do is soften the stubble quite a bit. Also great on holidays when your skin needs a little boost before shaving and the water is poor. A tub lasts me over a year.

I use as a preshave.

I love the methanol hit and I reckon it does soften the beard. I leave it on for about 5 mins max. A little goes a long way.
Already had it over 6 months, and its nowhere near halfway yet. I suspect I will be tempted to buy another tub (maybe the white tub version?) when this runs out.

Good value for money.

I haven't decided yet if it actually does anything pre OR post.

However, I love the way it feels so have been using it as a general moisturiser even on non-shave days! Great tingle first thing to wake you up.

Thanks to the pigcat who pif me some to try a while back and i used it postshave and its awesome for me, stops all redness and soreness that i was getting beforehand.

jhclare said:
I haven't decided yet if it actually does anything pre OR post.

However, I love the way it feels so have been using it as a general moisturiser even on non-shave days! Great tingle first thing to wake you up.

I'm afraid to put it anywhere near the eye area. Very strong menthol.

Recently taken delivery of my first pot and only used it a couple of times to date, so there is still the novelty value for me. But the cooling sensation post shave is "awesome" (copywrite B&B), so my vote is for post shave.

Pre, I think the longer it has to work on the whiskers the better. The extreme being the tip from Mantic's latest video of moisturising the night before the morning shave.

Back
Top Bottom