Proraso delivery some advice please.

Hi all.

Just got a fresh delivery of proraso red soap. However, the soap seems to have “shrunk” in the bowl making it rattle around. I have never had this before as its always been tightly packed. It also seems a little harder than normal.

is this right? I can send it back if its the signs of a very old batch. Anyone else got any experience of this?

thanks.

Sounds a little dry. Should still work just fine, you're gonna add water anyway.

But contact the vendor if you're not happy.

Agree. I'd never worry about a shaving soap being too dry, if it is too wet on the other hand some can occasionally spoil.

Hi all.

Just got a fresh delivery of proraso red soap. However, the soap seems to have “shrunk” in the bowl making it rattle around. I have never had this before as its always been tightly packed. It also seems a little harder than normal.

is this right? I can send it back if its the signs of a very old batch. Anyone else got any experience of this?

thanks.

What is the label? Is it the Super Formula? If not, then it'll be the old stock which AFAIK hasn't been made for at least a year or so.

...It will swell to fit...

F6LGfy5.gif

Great replies thank for all your help gents. You have all confirmed my thinking.

It wasn’t obvious at first but i noticed the tub was a slightly different colour, and yes the labels are different and what i have received is the older version which is not the “super formula” i am used to. I knew the price was too good to be true!!

it has shrunk loads and looks very grey compared to what i have previously had so its going back.

Great replies thank for all your help gents. You have all confirmed my thinking.

It wasn’t obvious at first but i noticed the tub was a slightly different colour, and yes the labels are different and what i have received is the older version which is not the “super formula” i am used to. I knew the price was too good to be true!!

it has shrunk loads and looks very grey compared to what i have previously had so its going back.

Yeah that explains it. The price was good as it is old stock.

Sorry guys am i missing something
Proraso is a cream surely so how can it rattle ? how can it be to wet & how can it be to dry lol
Iv just found a tub of the stuff in my garden hut of all places, the wife put it in a box when i was renewing my kitchen & it’s absolutely fine

Sorry guys am i missing something
Proraso is a cream surely so how can it rattle ? how can it be to wet & how can it be to dry lol
Iv just found a tub of the stuff in my garden hut of all places, the wife put it in a box when i was renewing my kitchen & it’s absolutely fine
I dried a tube of the cream and turned it into a puck, so it definitely will dry out.

100_2398.JPG

100_2400.JPG

100_2403.JPG

100_2404.JPG

100_2552.JPG

Back
Top Bottom