Proraso After Shave balm

IanM said:
Fido said:
IanM said:
Does the Proraso asb have menthol?

Ian

Just a hint of menthol - not strong at all. I like it as it is though.

My research tells me that the ingredients list doesn't mention menthol, which is a good thing. I think I may have to try some.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Amongst quite a lot of other things (mostly parabens), the ingredient list says:

"Menthyl Lactate", which seems to me to come close to menthol.

Bye,

Eric

TuttoItaliaOnline said:
Hi Ian,

Amongst quite a lot of other things (mostly parabens), the ingredient list says:

"Menthyl Lactate", which seems to me to come close to menthol.

Bye,

Eric

Oh. Right. Thanks Eric.

I compared the ingredients label (on The Shave Den) with the splash. The splash says "Menthol", the balm doesn't.

I think I'll give it a miss, as balms/splashes with menthol seem to be disagreeing with my face.

Ian

This morning I tried the Proraso aftershave spash that Audiolab kindly sent me. Wow! That's exactly th ementhol hit I was looing for so unless Rik has already put himself out on this I think I will plumb for a botle of proraso aftershave.

Rik if you've gone and got bottles etc I'll still cover postage and cost to try it cheers Nigel

I've got a bottle of the balm - it's ok, nothing remarkable. In fact, I reckon Nivea Sensitive works at least as well, if not better!

The Pre-Post on the other hand, is very good. You may not like it if you're averse to menthol - it can actually make your eyes water!

I'd like to try the splash next!

John

I was thinking this morning just how much I enjoy my Proraso Milk balm - an excellent moisturiser and balm at a very good price. A nice but not overpowering menthol, it's staying firmly in my rotation.

I've really been enjoying the menthol feeling on my face this past while. I have a sample of the Pre/post en route from Quattrojames to try as I still haven't biten the bullet and bought a tub as I've been doing better without balms and moisturisers and just using atershave. I'll give it a try!

I use the proraso splash almost daily,I love how refreshing it is.I dont seem to notice any sting/burn from it neither do I particularly notice a menthol effect.Maybe I just use it so much that my skin is used to it.I also use it as a quick freshen up if I nip out for a pint after work ;) .I have the milk too but don't tend to use it as much (maybe come winter I will)

Likewise Boab I think the skin does get used to it as mine doesn't seem to burn now either. The first time I used it it seemed fantastically mentholly but now just cooling. I used Aqua Velva last night which fairly stung after a 3 pass Super Thin shave though!

Back
Top Bottom