Problems with Maguires barbershop ?

I've just bought something from them and it was marked as dispatched. But this morning I received some kind of security notice from Ebay about it. I've bought stuff from them before and had no problems so this is all a bit weird.

I think we can only surmise a hacked or compromised account, probably best not to order anything at all until Jonathan gets it put right, be nice to see him post here when he gets the chance to let us know the score, after all a lot of lads here have supported that business.

I bought something from them once, it didn't arrive when promised, I then emailed him and didn't get a reply so I gave it a couple of extra days then flagged it with ebay, he then got back to me saying he had dispatched the items and one of his staff was not processing payments from ebay. I got the goods and a few free samples but I'm wary of ordering from him again especially after seeing all these posts on here

I was very dissapointed with the shocking service I received after spending nearly £50 with them. No replies to emails or messages, staff that lied on the phone and no apologies for any of this. A great shame as they stocked some great items. Avoid.

Gigahurtz said:
I was very dissapointed with the shocking service I received after spending nearly £50 with them. No replies to emails or messages, staff that lied on the phone and no apologies for any of this. A great shame as they stocked some great items. Avoid.

I must say I've always had great service. We haven't heard yet what the problem is but once everything has been sorted out I would return there. It seems to point towards people Jonathan has trusted in.

That's sad news. I suppose we will never know what really happened. I would love to open a store or sell shaving products but after numerous searches I can't find wholesale supplies.

I'd not do it tackleberry, it seems that lots of people have the same idea. Ebay/paypal fees eat into any profit you might make unless you were doing it from your own website...

There's perhaps room for someone operating under the VAT limit reselling stuff from overseas, but it seems a pretty crowded marketplace because it's a hobby type thing and something people want to do. Postage costs are a real killer too.

As a hobby it would probably be viable as you wouldn't need to make a huge profit, thereby keeping the prices down but with sufficient turnover.

Interesting thought & might help fund your RAD?

Back
Top Bottom