Problems with Maguires barbershop ?

Tackleberry said:
I would do it if I could find a suitable wholesaler, that's the hard part!
I'm not sure but I think Connaught also go under the name of Suffolk supplies I'll pm you details as I don't want to post on here

Cheers Dobbo.

I would sell foreign stuff too, I know Bestshave do wholesale. I wouldn't bother with high end as its a smaller market and the suppliers would no doubt want a considerable size order.

Tackleberry said:
Cheers Dobbo.

I would sell foreign stuff too, I know Bestshave do wholesale. I wouldn't bother with high end as its a smaller market and the suppliers would no doubt want a considerable size order.
You're welcome,and judging by some of the comments on here I don't think it's something I'd look at doing lol,TBH it was something I was looking at but it's a bit of a minefield and I think a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon adding shaving supplies to their existing men's grooming supplies business interests.

I think it would be a great idea for someone of the right sort to try. My brain doesn't know my arse from my elbow at times and even the tiniest bit of pressure would make me buckle. I'd say that as long as you weren't looking to make a living out of it and were sensible as to the sort of gear you were selling then it could be fun for the right sort of fella that likes a challenge and wants to fill more of their time. I would personally use such a seller as often as I could just to support them (that warm TSR feeling again). Even if it didn't work out, I'd probably argue that it would be better have tried it than not as you'd always be wondering, "What if?". Blades only or some less common but cheap creams or certain lines of foreign products that aren't often seen 'round are way'.

Maguire's Barbershop is a sad loss to me, though.

You go for it TB! (with the caveat that if it doesn't work out, you don't come looking for me! :blush::angel:)

I got a full refund from Ebay. It's clear from the negative feedback history that this isn't the first time this has happened. I would have liked to give him the benefit of the doubt but there was no reply to my messages and no explanation. The whole thing is pretty odd really.

What do you mean it's not the first time it's happened? Do you mean in this current set of events where it seems to have all gone wrong, or do you mean it went all wrong before and then was restored to normal?

I see... so he has unreliable patches where it all goes to shit and then he comes back with an excuse and all is well.. until it happens again?

That's a damn shame! Personally, I've always had great service from them and the product range was excellent and very competitively priced. Obviously some folks had different experiences, just making a note of mine, that's all.
Have tried repeatedly to order poroso shave foam from them but each time at checkout says one or more items in basket can’t be shipped. Am uk mainland nr london so no idea what issue is. Countless calls to them to resolve & buy over phone but no one ever answers or replies to left voice messages. Utter rubbish service I assume site is a scam

Have tried repeatedly to order poroso shave foam from them but each time at checkout says one or more items in basket can’t be shipped. Am uk mainland nr london so no idea what issue is. Countless calls to them to resolve & buy over phone but no one ever answers or replies to left voice messages. Utter rubbish service I assume site is a scam

If you're in London, keep an eye out for your local TK Maxx. I bought my Proraso Green foam in there.

I occasionally buy Proraso products, and when I do, it's usually from https://labarbiera.co.uk/ . Very quick and reliable.

Back
Top Bottom