Printer problem help requested

I have some Decal laser paper, which is very thick compared to normal paper, and it keeps getting jammed in my Epson C2600 laser printer. I have tried adjusting the settings and so on, but I just can't get it to take the paper.

So, if there is someone out there with a laser printer, who would be willing to take my designs, and the decal paper, and print them off for me, I would be most grateful.

I will of course cover the postal costs both ways, and the cost of inks used etc.

This paper must be printed with a laser.

Hoping someone can help.

Martin.

True...and as a last resort if there is no linear feed try heating the decal to make it more flexible. (not too much, hairdryer or something)

Thanks for your suggestions fellas, but the manual feed won't take it either, and the decal is flexible enough, it's just too thick for the space between the rollers.

I really need someone with more knowledge of laser printers than me.

I think the real answer is that you need a printer that will take it... as a person who supported several hundred laser printers in the past, I wouldn't be putting any unknown stickers/decals through my own printer - I've seen it too many times where the adhesive holding the two parts together melted enough that combined with the feed path to stick the sticker part to the transfer drum of the printer. Leading to a new transfer drum being required (not cheap) and often a new fuser too.

Some printers have and option to select paper type (weight, etc...). I remember my old Canon had a setting for stickers...
May be worth a check...

Professor Blighty said:
Then how do other people print decals? The decal paper says it is especially for laser printers.

Sure - but not all laser printers are equal - many low cost ones these days are no more laser printers than you are a brain surgeon (they're sold as laser printers but are in fact LED printers), as I said some of the paper paths are tortuous - especially in the small footprint ones. Fuser temperatures vary from around 140C to 250C (the hotter ones are the ones that cause the labels to part company from the backing)...

Other than the label manufacturer saying "especially for laser printers" do they have any models they recommend? This was another bugbear "back in the day" some stationery makers would say "for best results use XYZ model" which was already a near antique :( so you'd have to arrange to buy someone a brand spanking new one and swap it for their antique...

Thanks guys for all your information and helpful suggestions. I have managed to sort it out now. It seems the decal paper was too glossy rather than too thick, so I put a piece of masking tape over the leading edge of the paper, and the printer fed it through no problem!

Weird!

Martin

Back
Top Bottom