Premium Socks

Same, the cotton rich ones are my go to socks and last a good while. Looking at SmartWool, not sure if I'd spend £18 on one pair even though I understand it's a good thing to do
There was a TV program on a few weeks ago about Pantherella now on You Tube 'Inside the Factory' was very interesting but still not sure I would pay £18 a pair. M@S works fine for me.

Very talented and great work

Some very interesting posts. Usually like Pantherella; but also go for Burlington Argyle (Preston). Have over the years reverted to the original Burlington Argyle's made from synthetic fibres, because I have found these to be the most comfortable and long lasting; both the cotton and wool blends seem to shrink in my opinion and obviously become far too tight. I know sock aficionados usually hand wash, but I just don't have time for this.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for good, reasonably priced walking / boot socks?
PS: Don't particularly like the metal stud on the Burlington, but this has now been a feature for a very, very long time and is unlikely to be changed.

Last edited:

I’ve tried a few different brands of walking socks over the years but have settled on Bridgedale as the sizing seems to fit my feet best. I do a lot of walking and there is nothing worse than a sock that is slightly too large and increases the chance of developing blisters. I like a wool blend as they let your feet breath and they dry very quickly.

I am a great fan of Paul Smith socks. When I was flying every week I was able to visit the PS shop at T5. Always a sucker for any new designs