Premium Socks

I have finally upscaled my socks. I went for various pairs of Pantherella and thick socks from Corgi. I have also ordered from Falke which haven't arrived as yet. Two of the Pantherella may go back...

20210303_113322.jpg

Any favourite sock brands out there?

Last edited:

I want everyone to know that I feel stupid as an American recommending wool socks to anyone in the U.K. as they have a far longer & richer history with wool. That said, Smartwool is top shelf Merino wool. I have pairs over 10 yrs. old still chuggin' along.

I

I want everyone to know that I feel stupid as an American recommending wool socks to anyone in the U.K. as they have a far longer & richer history with wool. That said, Smartwool is top shelf Merino wool. I have pairs over 10 yrs. old still chuggin' along.
I have had Smartwool products in the past and yes they are very good indeed.

I wear wool socks only. I’ve tried cotton, but by the end of the day I feel as though I’m standing in a swamp. I prefer to buy my socks in the UK or Europe because the selection is better than in Canada. Mes Chaussettes Rouges is a high-end sock store in Paris that carries a variety of men’s and women’s socks in wool, cotton, cashmere, linen and silk made in Europe.

I knit my own, in wool with a bit of nylon in the mix. I have made eight pairs for myself so far and am working on my ninth, in an Argyle pattern (see work in progress in pic). Some of the early ones have gone through in the heel and the ball of the foot but when they do I simply knit a replacement heel or patch. They never go in the toe like bought socks because I knit them to fit my foot length. You can also shape longer ones to match the profile of your calf, as with these Argyle socks which I intend to wear with sock suspenders.

Attachments

• 20210104_094402.jpg
    20210104_094402.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 18
I knit my own, in wool with a bit of nylon in the mix. I have made eight pairs for myself so far and am working on my ninth, in an Argyle pattern (see work in progress in pic). Some of the early ones have gone through in the heel and the ball of the foot but when they do I simply knit a replacement heel or patch. They never go in the toe like bought socks because I knit them to fit my foot length. You can also shape longer ones to match the profile of your calf, as with these Argyle socks which I intend to wear with sock suspenders.
I'm massively impressed by that :) I'll doff me cap to that :)

They look fantastic, love the colours.

Are they hand knitted or from home gadget?

I never knew there was so much to socks until I read this thread. I assumed I was living the dream with my M&S multipack.
Same, the cotton rich ones are my go to socks and last a good while. Looking at SmartWool, not sure if I'd spend £18 on one pair even though I understand it's a good thing to do

Back
Top Bottom