Post your watches

A picture in the sunlight, showing how the dial pops

1590950d1407592724-very-unexpected-purchase-today-opsun2.jpg

Just to update the thread,

This is now agreed to let go:

WOTD_24th_zps8vhdfmj6.jpg

Agreed last Sat to sell at Eur 3.5k higher than what I paid last year (end April '14). Normally it is a model and brand which you don't sell, but I want to go beyond wearing steel or even solid metal bracelets and very much prefer leather bands. On top of that, the offer was so good that I could not easily pass on.

Road now is even more widely open for this (in either the RG or Platinum version, in the discontinued 39mm version pre-owned or new in the current 41mm version):

Dato_v2_RG_zpsqm89bssr.jpg

Dato_v2_RG_ii_zpsxpfwbsdr.jpg

l4_zpsicq0yrqb.jpg

IMG-20150415-00953_zpsezccfxpw.jpg

The current 41mm version retails for S$101,200 (RG case) and S$118,700 (platinum case) new, that is GBP 50,327 and GBP 59,025 at today's exchange rates respectively. Of course after a fairly solid discount from an AD and following the GST (VAT) return, these numbers become quite more digestible. Pre-owned prices (previous version, 39mm case, watch 5-12 years old) are about half of those for the current model to get new.

The watch is absolutely fantastic and it is hard to describe the sweet feeling when worn; due to the movement it is a piece/model that has already achieved cult-status reputation (those who are familiar with haute horologie know what I mean...)

In the meantime, having traded the IWC Da Vinci Flyback Chrono, we welcome a new member to the family:

k8_zpsyy2udrur.jpg

k11_zpsi4wwu1be.jpg

I am gradually re-shaping the collection and moving towards handwound pieces, which I adore.

We'll eliminate every obstacle in our path and go all the way, as far as God is willing and practically possible. No concessions.

Rufus said:
Roy_Drage said:
From one extreme to the other. I found my first watch from 1978

The face and hands of that look exactly like those of a new Vostok Komandirskie I recently acquired from Moscow. The Vostok, however, was made in October 2014.

I think some of the Vostok watches are pretty neat.

Rev-O said:

Omega 1943 "6B/159" RAF Air Crew watch

Omega "53FA" (1953 Fat Arrow) RAF Navigator's watch

Yeah, I know. :)

Cracking pair!

Back
Top Bottom