Post your watches

[attachment=10376]

Delivered today from Creation Watches. Can't recommend them enough and DHL. This was in Singapore yesterday !

It's a Orient Multi Eyes Auto. Lovely champagne face and rose gold colour finish. Orient are Japanese made and owned by Seiko.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399037080.915420.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399037080.915420.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 64
cubert said:
IMG_20140306_173047_1Small_zpsca5d0e37.jpg

Now that is a classy dress watch! :icon_arrowu::icon_arrowu::icon_arrowu::icon_arrowu::icon_arrowu:

Northam Saint said:
Delivered today from Creation Watches. Can't recommend them enough and DHL. This was in Singapore yesterday !

It's a Orient Multi Eyes Auto. Lovely champagne face and rose gold colour finish. Orient are Japanese made and owned by Seiko.

I like that, very unusual. Looks like a bargain too!

I decided I would change the buckle on the Orient.

[attachment=10452]

To a deployment type. More comfortable and also straps last longer in my opinion.

[attachment=10453][attachment=10454]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655233.876391.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655233.876391.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 36
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655298.036267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655298.036267.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655324.461753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399655324.461753.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 42
[attachment=10459]Not bad for £24 brand new, including postage - the HMT Janata.
Janata means variously "People. Freeman or Citizen."
Which is interesting, because when Hindustan Machine Tools decided to form a watch division in the early sixties, they bought their watchmaking kit from Citizen (Japan) and they have been knocking out cheap people-friendly watches ever since.
Indian watches are a dangerous addiction - I have another inbound at the moment!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
OrangeSport said:
Some great looking additions to this thread!

Perhaps there are enough watch enthusiast here for us to start a "what are you wearing today?" thread....

I totally agree, lots of lovely watches we need to see :)

I have always love, love, loved the vintage Daytona's especially the exotic dial Paul Newmans. I was hanging on for a homage that Eddie Platt of Timefactors has/had in the pipeline but got fed up waiting sooooo....I built my own ;)

Sourced a case on eBay that had the authentic asymmetric chronograph pushers and would accept a Valijoux 7753 movement that has the same subdial layout as the old Daytona's with the running seconds at 9 o'clock, chronograph minutes at 3 o'clock and chronograph hours at 6 o'clock. The centre seconds hand is for chronograph seconds.
The case back was way to fat to accept the auto wind movement so I got a original spec sterile (no markings) case back that makes the watch much slimmer :)

The Valijoux 7753 is a auto wind movement but can also be hand wound. The vintage Daytona's were hand wound only so I removed the auto wind module from the movement making it slimmer and hand wind only like the original ;)

I wanted a sterile (no logo dial) but I had no luck whatever finding one, but there are plenty of fake ones, so I thought f*ck it! and bought this one with the hand set. Not very accurate for the model it imitates but that's fine by me. I had to fit new dial feet too as they were in the wrong location for the movement.

I got a genuine R olex crown/tube and plexi crystal.
There was a fair bit of messing about drilling and tapping the case to accept the crown tube, but sorted it eventually.

It took a fair while and a lot of head scratching and research to pull it off but I am over the moon with the result...my own Daytona...ish with a excellent hand wind movement that has a chronograph that operates just like the original!

jaycey said:
I have always love, love, loved the vintage Daytona's especially the exotic dial Paul Newmans. I was hanging on for a homage that Eddie Platt of Timefactors has/had in the pipeline but got fed up waiting sooooo....I built my own ;)

Sourced a case on eBay that had the authentic asymmetric chronograph pushers and would accept a Valijoux 7753 movement that has the same subdial layout as the old Daytona's with the running seconds at 9 o'clock, chronograph minutes at 3 o'clock and chronograph hours at 6 o'clock. The centre seconds hand is for chronograph seconds.
The case back was way to fat to accept the auto wind movement so I got a original spec sterile (no markings) case back that makes the watch much slimmer :)

The Valijoux 7753 is a auto wind movement but can also be hand wound. The vintage Daytona's were hand wound only so I removed the auto wind module from the movement making it slimmer and hand wind only like the original ;)

I wanted a sterile (no logo dial) but I had no luck whatever finding one, but there are plenty of fake ones, so I thought f*ck it! and bought this one with the hand set. Not very accurate for the model it imitates but that's fine by me. I had to fit new dial feet too as they were in the wrong location for the movement.

I got a genuine R olex crown/tube and plexi crystal.
There was a fair bit of messing about drilling and tapping the case to accept the crown tube, but sorted it eventually.

It took a fair while and a lot of head scratching and research to pull it off but I am over the moon with the result...my own Daytona...ish with a excellent hand wind movement that has a chronograph that operates just like the original!

I am impressed with what you have been able to do!! the watch looks fantastic.

Does anybody want some straps

I got sent three mint condition straps for free with a watch purchase

Black leather
Brown leather
Time factors rubber like this http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/time-factors-isofrane-style-strap-505837.html

22mm to fit a seiko 007 type watch

It doesn't seem right to sell them
If any of you watch affectionardios want them PM me

[/quote]

I am impressed with what you have been able to do!! the watch looks fantastic.
[/quote]

Thanks, I am in the process of artificially ageing it now so it appears a bit more like a 50 year old watch ;)

Al H said:
Does anybody want some straps

I got sent three mint condition straps for free with a watch purchase

Black leather
Brown leather
Time factors rubber like this http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/time-factors-isofrane-style-strap-505837.html

22mm to fit a seiko 007 type watch

It doesn't seem right to sell them
If any of you watch affectionardios want them PM me

Very generous Al, nice one! I'm sure some of the Seiko guys will be along to snap those up.

Here's my second vintage R olex homage/replica/fake whatever you want to call it build.

This is the iconic 6200 also known as the James Bond Submariner or the Big Crown.
This is considered to be the first Submariner dating from 1954. It is the holy grail of R olex collectors and is very rare.
If you do happen to find one expect to pay upwards of £100,000

Features of this model are the 8mm Big Crown the gilt dial and hands, the coin edge bezel and the bezel markings without any increments.
Some models also had a white seconds hand as I have copied here.

The base watch I used was this http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_205_214&products_id=3906

It has a profile and shape very similar to the original. Apart from the case the rest is pretty useless, the dial printing is wrong. It should have either just the word Submariner or nothing under the hands. The hands should be gilt, the movement is junk and the bracelet is made of tin foil :)

I bought an Swiss ETA automatic movement to fit the case. I then bought a expensive dial and hand set from here http://ndtradingcorp.com/zen/
The dial and hands were sent of to a rather clever chap in Ireland that re-lumed the dial to replicate the puffy appearance and then ages them artificially with lovely patina ;)

I had to pop the plastic plexi crystal out that was glued in as it stood way too high, this was shaved down and glued back in the case. At this point I also aged the bezel insert by bleaching it and rubbing it down with 4000 grit micro mesh and also popped out the pearl.

I have put some knocks and dings into the case and softened all the edges to begin imitating a 60 year old watch :)

I then snagged a vintage look Italian leather band off Vintage R olex Forum and bought a genuine R olex buckle from R olex St James.

Here is a picture of the original http://robertmaron.com/images/P/RX6538SS01.jpg

and here is mine...

upload a gif

Ordered one of these today as a holiday watch. Like solar watches for their grab and go convenience..

Hope it gets here before the holiday! Couple of Zulu straps on the way too.

SSC021P1_LRG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom