Post your watches

OrangeSport said:
Is the magazine worth getting..? Seen it advertised and wondered...

Magazine inc front and back pages is 16 pages, in my opinion it's not up to much. The print is of a fair sized font with an equally big space line between each row.

Pages 3-7 are all about the watch , well sort of as two of them pages are a story from a soldiers diary.
Pages 8-11 are about Omega
Pages 12-14 are about the history of watch making
Page 15 is about watch makers symbols
Pages 1,2 and 16 are cover, contents and next issue.

Not much of a read, but of some interest. For £3.99 for the first issue I don't think it's too bad, the watch I would say is well worth it.

Even the luminous isn't bad.
[attachment=9691]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393096434.531440.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393096434.531440.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 32
The magazine feels both padded (fictional soldier's diary) and edited too heavily (no proper pictures of any of the omega range and nothing really about the motivations of the founders except short references where relating to the reason for the name) but the watch pleased my eight year old. Have taken out a subscription as he seemed really keen.

I have VWAD...Vintage Watch Acquisition Disorder.

Whilst in Morocco I get an e-mail from our very own Rev-O asking me if I am interested in another Smiths Astral, yes of course I am!

Then when I got home I got a call from my Brother who works in the insolvency business to come and view some 'stuff' at a jewellers that has gone bust here in London.

So here's this weeks haul...

Left to right, Smiths Astral, Helvetia in 18k Gold, J.W. Benson (London) in 9k Gold and 2 Omega pocket watches. All manual wind.
Also got a Pocket watch chain in 9k rose gold.

Cheers fella's, it's a nice break from collecting shaving related stuff ;)

Rev-O said:
I like the Benson.

I think there's a Smiths "1215" movement lurking in that case?

Unfortunately Rev it's a later Swiss movement, I think they transitioned during the World Wars?
Still a lovely watch ;)

Bpmjames said:
I got my 2000 Breitling chrono avenger last year and I love it. Can't wait to get another watch but there are other priorities at the moment

I love these Avengers. I have one with a slightly different face layout. The date window on mine is at half 4 and the inner dials are at 2, 6 and 10.

Lou

Re: RE: Post your watches

Louis said:
Bpmjames said:
I got my 2000 Breitling chrono avenger last year and I love it. Can't wait to get another watch but there are other priorities at the moment

I love these Avengers. I have one with a slightly different face layout. The date window on mine is at half 4 and the inner dials are at 2, 6 and 10.

Lou

Is yours the newer avenger seawolf lou?

I think it's the newer ones that have the date window at the 4 position

1970'S era Roamer Searock, solid SS, blue dial, manual wind (not sure of the movement, jewel's etc),new leather strap.

_57_zpsb01d22a6.jpg
_572_zpsb6cf7be2.jpg
_571_zpsdc14e11b.jpg

Bpmjames said:
Louis said:
Bpmjames said:

Lou

Is yours the newer avenger seawolf lou?

I think it's the newer ones that have the date window at the 4 position

No, this one's an old-timer. I got it in 2005 and have worn it just about every day ever since. It's been through a lot with me, including a couple of unplanned motorcycle 'get-offs'. When it starts looking grubby, I just take it in the shower with me and give it a good scrub. Comes up like new every time.

Lou

[attachment=9728]

Attachments

• 2014-02-24 21.59.40.jpg
    2014-02-24 21.59.40.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom