Post your combo's

At present I am enjoying the combination of a Velvet Open Comb head on a Braveheart SS handle.

The Velvet head is an Old style open comb with a shallower angle than the Gillette Olds I've tried, you only have to drop the handle a few degrees from horizontal to start cutting. Combined with the weight of the handle it makes for a very smooth and efficient shave.

Any combo's you keep going back to?

I was going to say my 1912 SE head on a chunky stainless steel handle.
But I didn't. This forum is for DE razors.[emoji14]I have however used that combo over the last 6 months more than twice as often than any other razor. So I think it's maybe quite good actually.
How do you put a stainless handle on a 1912 head. Isn't the thread on the handle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

At present I am enjoying the combination of a Velvet Open Comb head on a Braveheart SS handle.

Any combo's you keep going back to?

My favorite razor's a Stahly head stuck onna UFO Titan handle. It's long at 100mm and the 15mm diameter really fills up my hand. Being titanium, the handle only weighs around 63g which is a fair bit less than stainless. Lighter weight makes for nice balance, and still plenty heavy enough for pressure seldom being needed.

Called that the Statan in my posts.

I was a little unsure of the effect of the weight of the handle at first the head is very light. It works well though doesn't shift the centre of balance half as much as the Braveheart head did. I would have thought the Stahly would be pretty heavy?

I was a little unsure of the effect of the weight of the handle at first the head is very light. It works well though doesn't shift the centre of balance half as much as the Braveheart head did. I would have thought the Stahly would be pretty heavy?
The Stahly head is 30.6 grams. It's the wind-up handle at 146.6 grams that's pretty heavy. :eek:

That Stahly head is smooth guys...smooth. Like driving a Cadillac or Lincoln. :)
View attachment 18312
That is a lovely box.
One day I'll have a custom handle made for my Stahly. A first photoshopped (gimped actually) version:
StahlyHandleSmall.JPG

Back
Top Bottom