Post shaving questions...

I was wondering, what do you guys do once you finished shaving with the razor.

I rince the whole razor, blade and all under hot water,
TTO, remove the blade,
rince some more,
Dry with a microfibre cloth,
Replace blade,
Leave razor open, on it's side on a dish.

Is it best to leave the razor open or closed when not in use? If closed, do I leave the blade in? (since it's still under tension.)
I'm not to worried about leaving blades lying around, since I don't have kids, but I can imagine that might be a problem for some.

FB.

As Fido said, it doesn't really matter.

I shake the razor, wipe it with a towel then put it back into its stand. When changing blade (and razor) every week, I take it apart and wipe it inside out.
Some take it apart and wipe the blade after each shave, others don't.

Choose software and hardware that lets you enjoy shaving, and go to the pub straight after every now and then, even if you leave the razor uncleaned and/or wet because you didn't have enough time. Life is precious and needs to be enjoyed. :)

Edit: Yes, I think you are, but I guess we've all been through that stage... (and possibly some of us are still there, certainly myself!)

At the very most, the blade comes out, everything gets a perfunctory rinse and I give the blade a twang to get rid of some of the moisture. Once in a blue moon I'll give the razor a proper polish. My thinking is that the razor's plated and is in better shape than me for its age anyway, and the blade coating will prevent any chance of rust within its natural life, so no worries. I'm absolutely scrupulous with carbon steel straights though - they get a very thorough polishing after use.

Just slacken off (razor, not me, I'm quite slack enough) rinse & shake dry unless I'm setting it aside for rotation. In which case I disassemble, wash in hot soapy water & dry polish with beeswax. I also do the "coat & polish with beeswax) thing with my Megress Progress on each use.

JohnnyO. (I'm retired, I've got the time !) :D

I'm probably overdoing it too...... I always drop the blade out, and rinse the razor in cold water and dry it, and then pat the blade each side and put it back in. Overdoing it maybe, but it takes perhaps 30 secs - I keep my razors in the top of my wardrobe, and I need to put them away dry and it's safer to do that with the blade out :shock:

beejay said:
............brush lather into open razor..........

Great idea to use up the spare lather, consider that idea officially stolen :ugeek:

Open the toggle halfway, rinse, close, shake out water, put in cupboard.

Or, if I'm honing the blade, rinse, take out blade, dry somewhat, put in the Allegro and hone it, put it back into the toggle, put in cupboard.

Longevity of the blades is such that they don't need any attention; plus if you chuck your blades after 3-4-5-6 shaves (i.e. normal usage), no significant buildup of crud on blade will happen.

Every once in a while, you may want to clean the soap scum from your razor...

Back
Top Bottom