Plain T shirt & Polos

Years ago, I got a bunch of plain T shirts from Hawkshead. They didn't cost the Earth, they were well made and they seemed to last quite a while. My wife liked them because they didn't twist when you washed them so they were a doddle to iron. The last time I looked, they'd stopped selling their own Tees and only sold 'name' brands. So, does anyone know of any online/mail order or actual shop to buy good quality, well made, plain T shirts or Polos?

I get mine wholesale for when I design and print t-shirts from Ralawise and I usually buy Hanes Beefy T's as they are excellent quality, quarter turned and seamless. Have a look for them on Ebay etc, Hanes do Polo's as well.

Gildan are good too and massive amount of colours.

Exapno said:
Years ago, I got a bunch of plain T shirts from Hawkshead. They didn't cost the Earth, they were well made and they seemed to last quite a while. My wife liked them because they didn't twist when you washed them so they were a doddle to iron. The last time I looked, they'd stopped selling their own Tees and only sold 'name' brands. So, does anyone know of any online/mail order or actual shop to buy good quality, well made, plain T shirts or Polos?

id be quite interested as well

Tackleberry said:
I get mine wholesale for when I design and print t-shirts from Ralawise and I usually buy Hanes Beefy T's as they are excellent quality, quarter turned and seamless. Have a look for them on Ebay etc, Hanes do Polo's as well.

Gildan are good too and massive amount of colours.

What does quarter turned mean?

quarter turned is basically the body of the t-shirt is made like a 'tube' with no side seams, kind of like a sock I suppose open ended and turned before the sleeves/cuffs/neck etc are attached, so that when it's washed it does not want to 'twist' back in any direction and it keeps its original shape.

I use http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/ - though not for a couple of years, since the thirty black Gildan heavy tees I bought last time are holding up pretty well :).

what would you guys recommend for a heavy polo shirt/ brand that is reasonable cost

need a load for work, packed on too much muscle so shirts ive got are getting a little tight/small

Re: RE: Plain T shirt & Polos

shanky887614 said:
what would you guys recommend for a heavy polo shirt/ brand that is reasonable cost

need a load for work, packed on too much muscle so shirts ive got are getting a little tight/small
I've got a similar problem. Have been taking these special brown drinks at lunchtime and a balanced meal in the evenings (steaks on one side, chips on the other) and have packed on loads of muscle round the belly.

I used to train at a 'proper' gym a few years ago. No ladies, no chrome, no mirrors, no plants, no music, no showers. Just drug-dealers, big-time gangsters, bouncers and fighters.

Two young lads (about 16) walked up to one of the blokes in there who was benching about 300lb as a warm-up and asked him what they should do to get really big.

He said "Drink beer and eat pies".

I get mine from Anvil.
http://www.anvilknitwear.com/Product-Catalogs/Tees

Been using them for years.

You can pick them up on eBay and Amazon UK or order direct from PAG.
http://www.pag-leisurewear.co.uk/450

NotTheStig said:
shanky887614 said:

I've got a similar problem. Have been taking these special brown drinks at lunchtime and a balanced meal in the evenings (steaks on one side, chips on the other) and have packed on loads of muscle round the belly.

on shoulders and back though 30" waist and shoukders getting bigger

Useful links gents. The best quality Tee shirts I've ever bought for HWMOM were from here http://www.wickedtinkers.com/contact.html , but they don't seem to be doing them any more from what I see on the website. Long story, HWMOM swopped his Jazz Fest T-shirt with a member of this band in a bar in New Orleans in 2001. They were Ts with a logo that wouldn't appeal to the mainstream no doubt, but appealed to us. But fantastic quality.
In my far too extensive ironing experience, the main problem with cheap quality T-shirts is the bottom hem. YW'sMMV.

Back
Top Bottom