PIF'ed: Dinged Fatboy

RE: Scratched guard on Fatboy *PICTURES ADDED*

missingskin said:
Hammers are good...............just tiny ones.......:dodgy::dodgy:

Of course, if I were to take a hammer to anything so delicate it would only be my very very smallest, in fact I would go so far as to borrow an even smaller one, and I would more tickle it than do anything so vulgar as hit it :angel:

It looks doable in my opinion, but it would take some effort, it's never going to be an A grade shaver though, the best way would be a complete disassemble, and maybe replace the guard bar part from another Fatboy. I'll se if I have one in parts, not sure though)

M.

FrenchBlade said:
It looks doable in my opinion, but it would take some effort, it's never going to be an A grade shaver though, the best way would be a complete disassemble, and maybe replace the guard bar part from another Fatboy. I'll se if I have one in parts, not sure though)

M.

Max,

I've just been learning of your reputation. I would have got in touch sooner if I'd known! Nonetheless, I have committed to PIF'ing it to Tad, and hope that he either has success by himself, or otherwise makes the most of your experience.

Ken

Johnus said:
Over here a few years ago it would have become a Sinker for Fishing! Today they sell them on eBay. Go think!!!

Yep, pretty crazy ain't it buddy?

Usta see Fatboys here in the Midwest stores in good shape for only a few bucks. That was a while back, and now a nice cased one runs maybe up to $10 or so when you can find em. Of course the nicer models like Aristos and Diplomats have maiintained their price of around $12 for a very nice cased set and you and I certainly see those all the time. Hell, I pass up 2-3 of those kinda deals a week...

What seems to have taken the title of ' Shaving Sinker' is any of the Old Type Gillettes in general. Store owners can't even give those goofy things away, not even some of the nicer silver plated ones. You ever try one of those Old Types? Horrible shave....don't bother. Matter of fact, I believe the Old Type head's known as the Gillette 'Widowmaker' design.

Opps, looks like a smidge of sarcasm slipped in this post. Yeah, I just noticed it so be careful.

Dodgy

I dont know anything about Fatboys, but I can tell from the photo's the profile of the razor is a mess, it obviously as been dropped from some height, if that was a car it would be a right off, twisted chassis, if it was a case of scratches it wouldn't be much of a problem, but i bet no blade would sit correctly in that razor.

Jamie.

But never underestimate the determination of an idiot, if nothing else it will keep me amused for a while learning how to turn a Fatboy in to a pile of shrapnel. If I can get hold of a base plate from a Fatboy that has something else wrong with it I might to be able to, taking your eloquent automotive analogy a step farther, make a cut and shut.

Tiny hammer has been polished and is ready to go. :dodgy:

Back
Top Bottom