Photo of the day

View attachment 74640

View attachment 74641

#talesofmadrid

You go work out how the second image was taken. No post production other than auto-levels in Photoshop. It isn't a reflection. A gift from the Leica god. Fair enough - when you pay a grand for a 50mm - it needs to be special. To be honest the 50mm is a pig to use with a M series rangefinder - due to the brackets the view finder brings up - the camera is really designed to be used with a 35mm. Which are even more expensive! :) Leica and film. I.

@Blademonkey
Amazing Pictures I , the mood of the first jumps at you , and the second the effect is wonderful.

Thank you collectively for the feedback. @GordyC is closest in explanation - behind me - is the Atocha bombing memorial - a couple of posts above - the two women looking up at the light source - these panels separate it from the main station. They definitely aren't glass - too much distortion in the image for that to be the case. To be honest, the result was a surprise to me. When you are using rangefinder cameras - you are not looking through the taking lens - as would be the case with an SLR. Random stuff can happen between deciding it might make a picture and what you actually end up with. It is one benefit of - in my opinion - using cameras designed this way. You see the frame in 'real time' - there is no mirror to go up and down blocking your view. There are many other reasons I choose this sort of kit for my personal photography. One thing you do need to get used to - is that you will get pulled in every airport you pass through. The Leica bodies are made from a solid block of brass - drilled out to accommodate the shutter,wind on mechanism and the rest of the guts - the xray machine can't see through them. Hence - you get pulled.

Cheers - I.

Thank you collectively for the feedback. @GordyC is closest in explanation - behind me - is the Atocha bombing memorial - a couple of posts above - the two women looking up at the light source - these panels separate it from the main station. They definitely aren't glass - too much distortion in the image for that to be the case. To be honest, the result was a surprise to me. When you are using rangefinder cameras - you are not looking through the taking lens - as would be the case with an SLR. Random stuff can happen between deciding it might make a picture and what you actually end up with. It is one benefit of - in my opinion - using cameras designed this way. You see the frame in 'real time' - there is no mirror to go up and down blocking your view. There are many other reasons I choose this sort of kit for my personal photography. One thing you do need to get used to - is that you will get pulled in every airport you pass through. The Leica bodies are made from a solid block of brass - drilled out to accommodate the shutter,wind on mechanism and the rest of the guts - the xray machine can't see through them. Hence - you get pulled.

Cheers - I.
@Digimonkey I read your narratives whilst admiring your photos with great envy. I imagine a weathered traveller bearing only a similarly weathered leather bound journal with fountain pen to note dates, locations and passing thoughts, armed only with a traditional film camera looking to capture that one moment in time. Some of your shots are simply mesmerising.
Whatever you do, please don’t stop sharing!

@Digimonkey I read your narratives whilst admiring your photos with great envy. I imagine a weathered traveller bearing only a similarly weathered leather bound journal with fountain pen to note dates, locations and passing thoughts, armed only with a traditional film camera looking to capture that one moment in time. Some of your shots are simply mesmerising.
Whatever you do, please don’t stop sharing!
Thank you - I am humbled by your comments. Last night's posts prompted by having to go back to my archive hard-drives - I'll see if there is anything else - yours - I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom