Photo of the day

I've never been to Madrid. I like the girls "get on with it" look in the second image!
My eternally patient spouse. She's used to it :) - I'll tell her you called her a girl - she'll like that. Madrid if our favourite European city - it has - not currently I guess - an energy and vigour like nowhere else. I.

I've been to Malaga which is a buzzing city but my favourites are Berlin and Istanbul.
I know Malaga like the back of my hand - I would agree with you - my partner is in contact with the guys that run our favourite restaurant there - they are royally screwed - a significant amount of the money coming into the city every year was from massive cruise ships - deep water port. Obviously not happening at the moment. Alicante and Valencia are really nice too - in their differing ways - the latter is quite posh. Never been in Berlin - I'm not sure why as Jen can speak a bit of German - I've only ever heard good things about it. With you on Istanbul - I know it technically is European - but different for me - half and half - that and Asian. We haven't been back for a few years - as my other half is more concerned than I am about the country lurching to the right - the work of Ataturk being unpicked day by day - year by year - it remains an astonishing place. So good they named it three times. - the city has been continuously occupied since the 7th C. bce - so they will survive - pretty sure about that. I.

I like Berlin for its cafe culture and lots of things to see despite RAF redevelopment.Public transport is fantastic just in a different league from the UK it whisks you round the city at great speed.

It used to be a Turkish tradition that if the politicians strayed too far from Kemals guidelines the army invited them to a firing squad on the nearby Princes islands! I tend to avoid the Sultanhamet area and the Grand Bazaar and get the ferry over to the Asian side which sees less visitors. One of my favourite pastimes is lounging in one of the hammams watching the masseurs perform macrame on Russian tourists!

I like Berlin for its cafe culture and lots of things to see despite RAF redevelopment.Public transport is fantastic just in a different league from the UK it whisks you round the city at great speed.

It used to be a Turkish tradition that if the politicians strayed too far from Kemals guidelines the army invited them to a firing squad on the nearby Princes islands! I tend to avoid the Sultanhamet area and the Grand Bazaar and get the ferry over to the Asian side which sees less visitors. One of my favourite pastimes is lounging in one of the hammams watching the masseurs perform macrame on Russian tourists!
Potd-20-08-20-03.jpg

Nice light on the Golden Horn - looking towards the Prince's islands - seabirds roosting - I.

No - my sister does though - hives wouldn't work in a tenement flat - I would admit to being a frustrated beekeeper though - strikes me as quite zen. Yours - I.
We have many talented people on this forum!
We grew up with bees - my father was a beekeeper, in the heydays with 60 hives behind the house, edge of town.
Honey always on the table.

Back
Top Bottom