Personna 74's

Wasn't Brucie a big advocate of these, which seemed strange when he was banging on about using a different razor and blade on each pass of his three pass shave.

Hiya,

I've used those Personna74s and yeah, they do tend to last longer than the currently made blades I've tried. I have a habit of usually tossing blades after four shaves but I kept on with the Personna an extra two shaves. Probably coulda done more without a problem, but I get antsy after using a blade that many times. Heh, however that's kinda changed, since trying some old blades like a Schick Plus Platinum will give me eight very good shaves with no need to switch to a new one. The Personna woulda probably been the same. Think I'll try one tomorrow and continue with it till it dulls. Oh yeah, from what I've read, 10-12 shaves isn't uncommon for some members to get from one of these blades.

Tony, if you wanna try one yourself, there's already a pack of those in your neck of the woods being sampled. I can ask the member to post em to you and then you can send em back to me after snagging a blade for yourself. These are one of my very favorites of a Golden Era.

These old DE blades are really fun. Very sharp....between an Iridium and Feather, with the forgiving Iridium nature. That's one reason people will spend $2 or more per blade. These are actually almost a little too sharp for me unless I dial my adjustable down one setting.........then it's magical.

Martin

These blades were included on the house with a small Wilkinson blade lot I won recently. The seller got a nice thank you note from me.......

Attachments

• Personna74.jpg
    Personna74.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom