Personna 74. The best blade ever made?

Bruceonshaving said:
IThe problem comes when you lay your hands on a few, what do you do? Stash them as an investment? Use them and enjoy the best blade ever? Sell them in small numbers so that more people can enjoy the experience?

They're yours, so you do what you want with them, but my guess is that you'll sell them.

Ian

If I found them to be that good for ME, then I'd keep the lot and use them. I suppose it depends which you are most interested in, shaving or making some easy money!

Ian

I guess if i had the last 50 Feathers in the world I'd be tempted to drop Henk a message & check with him on the details of the venerable blade sharpener he posted on a wee while ago. Then, a bit like you Bruce, I'd just try to eke my 50 out as long as I could, resharpening as I went along. On the other hand, being me, I'd probs just reckon I could be history tomorrow, so go for it & use them whilst I can.

JohnnyO.

Bruceonshaving said:
I only have 50 of them and can't find any more. So I really am in three minds what to do with them.
I think I will try one of them in different razors and will wash it in alcohol after each use, that means that I can just use it occasionally and it will still be going in a year's time.
The other 49 I think I will sit on for now. This at least keeps the options open for the future.

Is this what you would do?

I would swap them for other blades that might be interesting. I have some Derbys, Lasers and Merkurs if you're interested.

I bet Bruce has a few vintage arcade machines to remind him of the good ol days in retro crap sort of way.

Funny, I can't find anything about that in his blog.......mmmm that's because I didn't look.

Bruceonshaving said:
You will have to read my blog to find out.

Yeah.....so there Pedro...............!!!
crying.gif

The Superinox Bolzano is another titanium coated blade renowned for longevity, sharpness and still available...blogtastic.

Pete said:
Bruceonshaving said:
I only have 50 of them and can't find any more. So I really am in three minds what to do with them.
I think I will try one of them in different razors and will wash it in alcohol after each use, that means that I can just use it occasionally and it will still be going in a year's time.
The other 49 I think I will sit on for now. This at least keeps the options open for the future.

Is this what you would do?

I would swap them for other blades that might be interesting. I have some Derbys, Lasers and Merkurs if you're interested.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Absolute class :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom