Performing razors

I currently have 10 razors all of which give me very good shaves. I also have two more on the way...one being the infamous R41. The other being the Valynor (not sure what to expect with that one). My performance guidelines tend to be 2 passes, WTG & ATG. Plus some buffing. If the razor doesn't or can't perform to those specs, I tend to sell/trade them off. So, for me, they all tend to perform close to the same manner. Things such as angles etc differ as well as best blades for particular razors...however the blades I use tend to be fine in any of my shavers. That may not be true with the R41...we'll see. I may not go with Feathers in that one.
Now if the question had been "What's your best looking razor" that's an easy one. Numero Uno...is the Lambda Athena. Truly beautiful.
Cheers!
tempImageyE7bY0.png

I currently have 10 razors all of which give me very good shaves. I also have two more on the way...one being the infamous R41. The other being the Valynor (not sure what to expect with that one). My performance guidelines tend to be 2 passes, WTG & ATG. Plus some buffing. If the razor doesn't or can't perform to those specs, I tend to sell/trade them off. So, for me, they all tend to perform close to the same manner. Things such as angles etc differ as well as best blades for particular razors...however the blades I use tend to be fine in any of my shavers. That may not be true with the R41...we'll see. I may not go with Feathers in that one.
Now if the question had been "What's your best looking razor" that's an easy one. Numero Uno...is the Lambda Athena. Truly beautiful.
Cheers!
View attachment 110755
Couldn't pick one I see?

I gave this far too much thought, straight up performance I'd probably go for my Blackbird SS.

Though there were a few others that I kept flipping on (New LC, Lambda Athena, 1956 Tech (the heavier one), Slim, Merkur 39C)

Sorry I didn't spot what forum the post was and it was for DE's.
Definitely for me it's my Charcoal goods Stinger.
Which gen/plate? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom