Penhaligons, where to buy cheaply?

Got the Sartorial sample last week, loved it.

I didn't really get on with the endymion, so just waiting to try the Opus now before I make a purchase.

I agree Quercus is a dead ringer for CKone.

Blenheim Bouquet and Puig's Agua Brava smell the same to my nose as well.

I do like Sartorial, I will pick up a bottle at some point.

joe mcclaine said:
Quercus is CKOne to my nose.

Yellow Jim said:
I agree Quercus is a dead ringer for CKone.

Blenheim Bouquet and Puig's Agua Brava smell the same to my nose as well.

I do like Sartorial, I will pick up a bottle at some point.

Which begs the question - why pay £80 (or even £50 at outlet prices) per 100ml when you could pick up 100ml of CKOne for about £20.

I suspect I already know the answer.

Well, me and my wife (mainly me) had bought enough (too much) in the outlet shop to qualify for a free bottle of something. I plumped for Quercus. It was only after wearing it for an hour or two that I put my finger on what it reminded me of, a scent I hadn't worn for 15 years. Oh well, shoot me.

I am a fan of Quercus, been wearing it for about three years. I swear there is a subtle diff to Ck1. Something more complex, CK1 smells a bit toilet duck to me.

Probably all in my mind.

For soaps there is a guy on ebay who occasionally sells seconds, but I find the soaps a bit lacking in lather.

IMHO the differences between Quercus and CKone are not subtle. Quercus opens with a much stronger citrus hit. It has a far denser spicey background to it than CKone, and it doesnt wear off about 5 seconds after putting it on.

SImply smelling superficially the same at first sniff, does not mean they are one and the same thing.

Opus is properly delicious though, and if i could only have one fragrance to wear for the rest of my life, this would be it. Its classy, elegant, peppery, herby, spicy all in one. Its such a wonderfully layered smell, and a proper classic. Love it. Well worth having in anyones collection.

picked up a sample of Sartorial £1.50 with no postage required from their website :) nice to see that for samples! will let you know how i find it.

fegis said:
picked up a sample of Sartorial £1.50 with no postage required from their website :) nice to see that for samples! will let you know how i find it.

Wow ok top notch products do get top notch service lol. sample arrived next day courier in a lovely box that i'll try my best to re-use.

Thx for introducing me to them

Back
Top Bottom