pen knives.

Here is my collection, mainly functional, nothing fancy really....
20309182303_01bb76e08a_c.jpg

Close up of my custom made:
20937574291_935fbd1477_c.jpg

Missing are my 2 other key rings knives, sanrenmu's, my Leatherman Squirt PS4, my other fixed custom that my Dad still hasn't finished - (must remind him!) and a Hultafors HD that I use in the garden.

Last edited:
My favourite EDC is a Taylor's Eye Witness wharncliffe and pen double ended with ram's horn scales, nickel silver bolsters at each end and brass liners. Nary a picture of it I'm afraid but it is a wee beauty of thing that takes and holds a nice edge. It's a bit too genteel for the 'gairden' so I usually carry one of these when oot pottering except the scales on mine are black:

2navy.jpg
That looks like a clone of an Army issue Pocket Knife ....They dated from the war years and were issued to at least the late 70s....:eek:

Billy

SVORD.....:eek:
DSC_0120_zpsdemgeogd.jpg

My SVORD Pocket Blade....I would be happy to be in a long term survival situation with this Pocket Bade.....Its a nice all round cutting, skinning and self defence tool....The blade locks in place with the hand grip and does not fall into the Lock Knife Category...Its fail safe, strong and sharp....My brother sharpened this up and made the Handle by hand for my Auld Man....o_O

I would rather have a shave with this than a Feather SE Blade any day...:D

Billy

Finally got my other custom fixed off my dad:
20723846423_688e53e635_c.jpg

I'm not 100% happy with it TBH, I think the handle is a little to long and the "square" edges may be tiring in use....
I'll maybe customise the custom a lttile ;)

Might have to buy myself a blade and pop a handle on. Would do me nicely for greenwood carving. The roughing out stage after I finish with the axe and before my wee knife. Mind, t'has been a while since I took blade to wood in proper creative mood.

I have had a SAK classic since I was about 11. I have various locking knives for a more serious blade, the nicest (easiest to keep sharp) is the opinel 7 - sadly illegal. I have a few bigger SAKs but I'm always suspicious of the big blade and it folding in use...
Mostly I carry the Classic.

That looks like a clone of an Army issue Pocket Knife ....They dated from the war years and were issued to at least the late 70s....:eek:

Billy
You are spot on there Billy.I used to have a real one when I was a kid,god only knows what happened to it!.I always wondered what the spike was for,I was under the impression it was to get the stones out of horses hooves?.

You are spot on there Billy.I used to have a real one when I was a kid,god only knows what happened to it!.I always wondered what the spike was for,I was under the impression it was to get the stones out of horses hooves?.
It a can opener Sir....They used puncture holes in the can round the top side and lever it open...o_O
Can were heavier in them days...:D
Billy

I lost one of them MOD knives throwing it at a frog when I was a kid. Missed the frog and the knife was lost forever in the weeds. That area was eventually landscaped and built on including sheltered housing for old folks where my dad eventually lived. When he died last year me and Billy were clearing out his flat and I suddenly remembered that knife. It struck me as funny that if I dug up the floor that old knife might be down there. Just a funny story spanning forty years.

Here's me Svord Peasant with scales made from an old floorboard. No not my dads floorboards.
Sharpened using a cheapo Chinese 1000/5000 water stone, Welsh Dragon slate, and stropped using Blue Starkie compound. Ya can dry shave with this...

14696_zps13b44838.jpg

94834_zpsdf651cb6.jpg

A Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife copy,cheap but quite nice,in an unusable type of way!...
Along with a 1980 Gerber MK2 Combat knife box....

142Q4kB.jpg

The Gerber,opened box...

mHR1B4N.jpg

And one of the Gerber out of its sheath...

hCA28GB.jpg

A bit big for the pocket,and not a really practical EDC,but if you want to scare off an aggressor...;)

Back
Top Bottom