Pears / Wrights Soaps

In the early days of the 20th century, many people looked to the manufacturer for advice. Gillette's advice was to give your face a thorough wash with soap and warm water. The logic was that it would remove dirt and dead skin cells whilst softening the bristles. It was never suggested that the soap would be left on. That would leave the dirt and dead skin cells on your skin. No, rinsing is advisable.
I wash with Droyt's soap (accept no substitute), rinse off, and apply shaving soap/cream whilst the face is well wet.
I often think about shaving before I rinse the soap off, but then consider that I used to do that many years ago. That was because of poverty, and I didn't enjoy shaving then.
A bar of soap and a plastic wand. No wonder I thought shaving was a drudgery.
Now, I have more soap than I can get through. That doesn't stop me from trying.

In the early days of the 20th century, many people looked to the manufacturer for advice. Gillette's advice was to give your face a thorough wash with soap and warm water. The logic was that it would remove dirt and dead skin cells whilst softening the bristles. It was never suggested that the soap would be left on. That would leave the dirt and dead skin cells on your skin. No, rinsing is advisable.
I wash with Droyt's soap (accept no substitute), rinse off, and apply shaving soap/cream whilst the face is well wet.
I often think about shaving before I rinse the soap off, but then consider that I used to do that many years ago. That was because of poverty, and I didn't enjoy shaving then.
A bar of soap and a plastic wand. No wonder I thought shaving was a drudgery.
Now, I have more soap than I can get through. That doesn't stop me from trying.

:)

I wash my face first. The Pears is just as a preshave treatment before passes, not ad a cleanser.

I've been using a bar of Pears Mint the last week as a preshave. I think I can notice a slight improvement in my shaves over that time frame. It also seems to have improved my post-shave face feel as well.

A giant difference? No, but a welcome one.

Back
Top Bottom