Pearl Flexi Rattle

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has this razor and tell me if it rattles as if something is loose inside?
It definately spoils the experience as you can hear it whilst shaving.
Thanks for any replies.

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
Well done postie, working a Sunday
The "Rattle" has arrived!
dance dancing GIF by The Boss Baby

So, all unpacked and the inspection began,
Screenshot_20210606-154309_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-154343_Photos.jpg
Got to say, I like it. Overall quality is really good, the head has no alignment issues and the dial is smooth but sturdy, it should not move during the shave.
OK, the elephant in the room, does it Rattle?
Well once its all tightened and you give it a hard shake there is a very slight noise coming from inside the handle, remove the top cap, no rattle?
This could well be something to do with the retaining collar for bottom screw.

A couple of drops of light sewing machine oil on the cap thread, on the adjuster dial, and on the bottom screw, allowing it to coat the inside.
Screenshot_20210606-154412_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20210606-154424_Photos.jpg
Rattle disappeared (y)
dancing baby GIF

The Blackland month will have an imposter for 1 blades worth of shaves.

OP
A
Thanks for all the replies. Mine was more like a baby's rattle rather than a razor. I mean it, really loud.
I put some vaseline in it and now it still rattles but not so much, more in line with what others have said.
Shame quality is so variable as it shaves brilliantly

I'll deffo give it a bit of an oil when I get my hands on some. Don't think I have any in the house atm although we do have a creaky door that door needs some.....

Anyway! First shave was great and I didn't actually notice the rattle while shaving. Feels like I'm shaving with thors hammer due to the weight but a good first impression.

Top Bottom