pc clock losing time

Okay, so about 3 weeks ago I began to get wierd things happening to my pc. I take it to the local repair shop who tell me that I have 20 viruses and 3 of them are critical. So I paid £100 for a full service (windows re-install, data saved plus the latest Kaspersky anti virus software installed) but since then whenever I turn the computer on each morning, the clock has lost quite a few hours, plus I keep getting a message popping up saying that my windows virtual memory is too low. Any thoughts as to what is happening? Thanks.
I have had this pc now for 8 years and this is the first time I have ever had any problems like this (viruses, clock running slow etc). Planning on buying a Mac in a few months.

Usual culprit for clock losing time is the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It's usually a Lithium coin cell type, but not always.

Windows virtual memory low usually indicates that the page file is too small - which is either because it's been set too small by the idiot installing the OS or the HD it's on is too full.

Apple bios battery's are awesome, so much more reliable than a PC because they are designed and manufactured specifically for apple by apple in the apple factory where apple make the motherboards and processors they use in Apple MACS.Replacements are 100 quid each but they look so cool. :lol:

Boab said:
Apple bios battery's are awesome, so much more reliable than a PC because they are designed and manufactured specifically for apple by apple in the apple factory where apple make the motherboards and processors they use in Apple MACS.Replacements are 100 quid each but they look so cool. :lol:
D+, Boab has been paying attention to class, but must still work on his trolling skills. He must put in that extra effort if he wants to succeed this semester. - Boab's trolling teacher.

Back
Top Bottom