Closed Pass around straight (it's a go now - Swedish razor walkabout) ...

My update, having been persuaded by this thread to try a straight.

I now have 2 straights, one from Mikael and one from Neil Miller, along with some new strops from Neil.

The shaving is progressing slowly, I'm really struggling with my chin, it took a few weeks to sort my chin with a DE, so I'm not expecting miracles. I've had a couple of good nicks on my chin though which is keeping the straight away from it for now, I can't risk any cuts at the moment, its new contract time hence lots of interviews.
What with quite a lot of travelling lately and a lack of time, I'm not really progressing too well with the straight, I just don't seem to have time. Will I persist and succeed? I'd like to think so, but having transferred some of the things I learnt when straight shaving, skin stretching and runnier lather, to DE shaving my shaves have improved dramatically so I have less incentive to persevere.
I like the idea of straight shaving, and really wish I could give it the time to learn to do properly, but I think for now I will be sticking with the DE on a daily basis. When I can I will get the straight out though, just to build up some confidence and muscle memory, then hopefully one day it will all click into place.

It is a learning curve. I would say it takes 40-60 shaves to get good results, but still more to get very good results and the learning curve keeps on ... after approx a year of daily shaves I noticed a significant improvement + I still learn

No, but I'm sure she will, sometimes takes time from the UK. I'm thinking of switching blade, but I think this one should be fine ...

I'm sure she'll be fine. A lot of my difficulty re. getting it through the beard was in all likelihood down to newbie technique. Though, after reading a couple of threads where it cropped up (Ian's and another) I was wondering if I might be better off going for a wedge or nr wedge for my first trad straight. I think I'll most likely start out with a Feather AC mind you.

Mikael, could you put me on the list as well? I'd like to compare this razor with my experience with W&B (although that one wasn't stropped properly) to get a broader view.

Hi Mackem! Sure thing, sorry for a late answer! I've been in contact with TGS and it should be no problem, please Paypal him his S&S costs (which should be lower, compared if they came from me)... Happy to have the razor on the track again

Step up, step up good people and be the next to shave with a cut throat

Thanks, Mikael I've sent him a pm. I have a feeling it won't have far to travel.

Philip , looking on the map we are fairly near to each other , PM me your address and I will drop it off , probably Friday night or Saturday at latest ,
Derrick

Cheers marra.

Wow, this brings things up a bit, I would say - personal delivery and prob a good word or two about things this one worked out so well it almost brings tears ito my eyes, I'm such a sucker for happy endings

Nick you're next up ... I don't know how we can top this one, but maybe we can get a nice girl make a "special" "hand" delivery!?