Closed Pass around straight (it's a go now - Swedish razor walkabout) ...

My update, having been persuaded by this thread to try a straight.

I now have 2 straights, one from Mikael and one from Neil Miller, along with some new strops from Neil.

The shaving is progressing slowly, I'm really struggling with my chin, it took a few weeks to sort my chin with a DE, so I'm not expecting miracles. I've had a couple of good nicks on my chin though which is keeping the straight away from it for now, I can't risk any cuts at the moment, its new contract time hence lots of interviews.
What with quite a lot of travelling lately and a lack of time, I'm not really progressing too well with the straight, I just don't seem to have time. Will I persist and succeed? I'd like to think so, but having transferred some of the things I learnt when straight shaving, skin stretching and runnier lather, to DE shaving my shaves have improved dramatically so I have less incentive to persevere.
I like the idea of straight shaving, and really wish I could give it the time to learn to do properly, but I think for now I will be sticking with the DE on a daily basis. When I can I will get the straight out though, just to build up some confidence and muscle memory, then hopefully one day it will all click into place.

It is a learning curve. I would say it takes 40-60 shaves to get good results, but still more to get very good results and the learning curve keeps on ... after approx a year of daily shaves I noticed a significant improvement + I still learn

No, but I'm sure she will, sometimes takes time from the UK. I'm thinking of switching blade, but I think this one should be fine ...

I'm sure she'll be fine. A lot of my difficulty re. getting it through the beard was in all likelihood down to newbie technique. Though, after reading a couple of threads where it cropped up (Ian's and another) I was wondering if I might be better off going for a wedge or nr wedge for my first trad straight. I think I'll most likely start out with a Feather AC mind you.

Mikael, could you put me on the list as well? I'd like to compare this razor with my experience with W&B (although that one wasn't stropped properly) to get a broader view.

Hi Mackem! Sure thing, sorry for a late answer! I've been in contact with TGS and it should be no problem, please Paypal him his S&S costs (which should be lower, compared if they came from me)... Happy to have the razor on the track again :D :D :D

Step up, step up good people and be the next to shave with a cut throat :D :D :D

Mikael said:
Hi Mackem! Sure thing, sorry for a late answer! I've been in contact with TGS and it should be no problem, please Paypal him his S&S costs (which should be lower, compared if they came from me)... Happy to have the razor on the track again :D :D :D

Step up, step up good people and be the next to shave with a cut throat :D :D :D

Thanks, Mikael I've sent him a pm. I have a feeling it won't have far to travel.

The Mackem Shaver said:
Mikael said:

Thanks, Mikael I've sent him a pm. I have a feeling it won't have far to travel.

Philip , looking on the map we are fairly near to each other , PM me your address and I will drop it off , probably Friday night or Saturday at latest ,
Derrick

The Geordie Shaver said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
Mikael said:

Philip , looking on the map we are fairly near to each other , PM me your address and I will drop it off , probably Friday night or Saturday at latest ,
Derrick

Cheers marra.

Wow, this brings things up a bit, I would say - personal delivery and prob a good word or two about things :D :D this one worked out so well it almost brings tears ito my eyes, I'm such a sucker for happy endings :D

Nick you're next up ... I don't know how we can top this one, but maybe we can get a nice girl make a "special" "hand" delivery!?

Back
Top Bottom