Pashana Aftershave

I saw a few other posts here and there, but I thought it might be good to start one dedicated to it.

I popped into a local retailer of beauty products and other random bits and pieces, and I saw a shelf with a fair few bottles of Pashana aftershave. This particular shop used to stock it before, but they ran out of stock for a quite a long time, as they have it again I presume it is a sign it's in production once again.

Paul @pjgh I'm sure you can now rest easy....

IMG_20221023_170146.jpg

Heavens be praised!

Yes, it does appear to be back in production. Not being an old-timer, but I now know what the end of Prohibition felt like!

I trust you bought a bottle, or two?

I think it was a glass bottle, was it ever sold in a plastic one?

Nope, I didn't buy one, I'm tempted though!

The shop had a few other things of interest, several types of Denim (Original, Aqua and Black), Brut Attraction Totale, and a few Bay Rum splashes with Castor Oil in the ingredients all of these were about £3 per bottle.

I saw a few other posts here and there, but I thought it might be good to start one dedicated to it.

I popped into a local retailer of beauty products and other random bits and pieces, and I saw a shelf with a fair few bottles of Pashana aftershave. This particular shop used to stock it before, but they ran out of stock for a quite a long time, as they have it again I presume it is a sign it's in production once again.

Paul @pjgh I'm sure you can now rest easy....

View attachment 95273
Is the retailer an independent or part of a chain?

I'm still not entirely convinced that the current Pashana A/S is exactly the same as the pre-Pashana drought product, but it could be that the little remaining of my old stock has concentrated itself somewhat, as it's a much darker colour and stronger scent (lovely!).

Given the change of ownership (?), I suppose the owners took some time to take stock before producing the A/S again, which is, pace @Gairdner, a jolly good thing. There were certainly no problems in procuring any of the considerable number of other Pashana products, which are various hair tonics and so forth. I wonder if their Bay Rum is anything good?

Got to love the diversity on this here pogonotomical plane. I’d rather drink Tabac than wear Pashana but then there are many things that I love which people here would scoff at and humorously ridicule. I love a bit of ridicule, me. I’m quite often ridiculous, after all. For instance, I can’t imagine there are many George Formby fans here but l am most definitely one. Have at it, chaps…:ROFLMAO:

I'm more of a Leslie Sarony fan myself ("He played his ukele as the ship went down" etc.) I was privileged to meet him, many years ago. My grandfather was keen on music, and I have all his gramophone records, some of which go back to the First War (he was an RFC pilot), and then on through the Twenties and Thirties. Some cracking stuff, Including GF, and I have a good supply of needles for the wind-ups.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the current Pashana A/S is exactly the same as the pre-Pashana drought product, but it could be that the little remaining of my old stock has concentrated itself somewhat, as it's a much darker colour and stronger scent (lovely!).

Given the change of ownership (?), I suppose the owners took some time to take stock before producing the A/S again, which is, pace @Gairdner, a jolly good thing. There were certainly no problems in procuring any of the considerable number of other Pashana products, which are various hair tonics and so forth. I wonder if their Bay Rum is anything good?
What change of ownership?

What change of ownership?
The old label said "Denman" and the new "Hive of Beauty". The Denman website is defunct, and Pashana is now listed on hiveofbeauty.com ( but not the a/s). HoB was mostly depilatory waxing gear, and several years ago, I bought one of their wax heaters for melting wax and resin, as it was ideal for waxing the reeds I have tuned, back into melodeons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom