Parker Sonnet Fountain Pen

nice pen, i have a large collection of vintage Parkers, 51's and 45's, if it was one of those then i would snap yer arm off. :s

I take it this is the Stainless Steel Sonnet GT (Gold Trim) ?, this particular style was produced from the early 90's up until 2004.

Steve

yeah i believe that must be the model... i bought it from Jenners (Edinburghs Harrods) back in the mid 90's with my own hard earned cash as a 16 year old boy haha. I loved it, but in the last 10 years its seen absolutely no use at all.

Would rather someone had it that would use it.

its occured to me that this pen might actually be better than im selling it as.

a few years after i got the pen, the nib was bent. I went to a pen shop and had the nib replaced with one that cost about £80 by itself.

so i think the nib on this is the solid gold nib rather than the plated one

but i cant remember for sure.. perhaps someone in the know about these things could better advise how i could tell.

also happy to trade for shaving gear... could also use new aftershaves, creams, razors etc :)

If it's the gold nib, it should say 14k or 18k on the nib somewhere. Otherwise, I suspect it may be the plated steel one. Gold nibs typically have a slightly softer spring to them, and the polish is generally finer, too.

yep... that must have been the pen i lost then.. this one looks pretty standard. I do remember the better nib having a more ornate finish too

well... removed from sale.... and no ones allowed to laugh... but....

i just went to remove the nib, clean it out and check what type it was... i let the nib slip, and its off down the sink hole!!!

so, gonna go to ebay, buy a nice new 18k solid nib and just keep it haha!!

shrink said:
yep... that must have been the pen i lost then.. this one looks pretty standard. I do remember the better nib having a more ornate finish too

well... removed from sale.... and no ones allowed to laugh... but....

i just went to remove the nib, clean it out and check what type it was... i let the nib slip, and its off down the sink hole!!!

so, gonna go to ebay, buy a nice new 18k solid nib and just keep it haha!!

Unless you had the water running, it's probably still in the trap on the back of the sink.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom