Parker Pens

So I've started with the DE shaving, looking at nice watches and now thinking about the pens I use! What has this forum done to me!?

Anyway:

I have a Parker biro (am I allowed to say those in the same sentence?), which is pretty nice to use compared with good old fashioned plastic bic pens.
But I have no idea where a good/cheap place to get more pens and ink refills from? I looked on ebay and they're asking about £3 a pen, is that right?

Also, I have an old (well, late 90's) fountain pen, which has all dried up, loads of ink on the end of the nib. What's the best way to clean it out?

Thanks

Hello,
Have a look at http://www.cultpens.com
They come highly recommended on here and as such I gave them a try. Have ordered a few things from them now and the service is great. There a several users on here who know far more about pens than me and could probably advise you further, but I think you should be good to clean up a pen in an ultrasonic cleaner. I bought a lovely Parker 45 from Steve (Sunburyboy) on here and it is a very nice pen indeed. He often puts pens on for sale on the BST here, as do other users. For work I have 2 Lamy Safari fountain pens, both from the above site and they come in at just over a tenner or so. Good little pen.
Just noticed I have also replied to your watch thread, so again, I'm sure you will receive many other recommendations on here and good luck with the search.
Chris

I think I'll stick with ballpoints but after I give the fountain a whirl, I may swap. Just worried about wet ink.

Thanks for the link though - will check them out.

Back
Top Bottom