Parker 91R - beginners bad luck!

I've posted this before, but my first razor was a 91R and a bit over a year after I bought it, one day when I was screwing the head back into the handle I got the angle slightly wrong for a second and SNAP. The thread broke off in the handle.
I love my superspeed and would definitely recommend them. The merkurs I've tried have been more aggressive, and I hear so much about these Edwin jaggers that I'm being talked into buying one.
I think as long as you avoid an overly aggressive razor at first and you pick one which people generally agree has a good weight balance, and doesn't cost the earth, you shouldn't go far sting.

Then after a while you may want to try others and that's when RAD kicks in...

Does anyone have any feedback on how the smooth handle performs?

Superbly well. Mine's very slightly different to the one you're looking at in that mine's the faux ivory (i.e. cream plastic) rather than all chrome, but they're pretty much the same razor nonetheless. I've been using a knurled Merkur 34C since Christmas so was slightly concerned that the Edwin Jagger wouldn't grip, but that's been unfounded and it's handled ever so well.
It is, without doubt, the best razor in terms of build quality that I have ever handled, Merkur included. It's finished beautifully.

As for the Parker, ask for a refund as it does sound misaligned. Of course they can offer a replacement, in which case accept that and bang the new one on the 'Bay.

Life's too short to use crappy razors.

Update:

I returned the Parker to the vendor, who gave excellent service and provided a replacement. The new Parker has now been eBayed and I have an EJ89 instead. Now a happy bunny.

Back
Top Bottom