Parker 68S / Parker 64S Experience anyone

Has anyone had experience of either of these Parker razors with the stainless steel handles? I like an assertive razor that is smooth. With Parker I am looking at either the open or closed comb (or both). Cheap enough not to break the bank.

My old EJ DE89 just does not shave close enough especially on the neck area. I have borrowed a Rex Ambassador and found that to be slightly too assertive, but discovered I really liked the weight.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have a Parker 26C OC, which has a brass handle, weighs about 14g less than the 68S and is 1/4" shorter. I can't be certain, but the head looks very much like the 68S. The shave is smooth, but I wouldn't call it assertive, and it does require a sharp blade. Mine works well with a Nacet, but it doesn't do much for me with something like a Derby Premium or Croma.

I bought myself a Rex a few days ago, which I've been trying out with a red Gillette blade, and I needed to dial it down to almost the lowest setting to have it feel comfortable. By contrast with the Parker, the Rex is perhaps one of those razors which will indeed work with a Derby or perhaps an Astra blade.

Thanks for the information. I too have found the Nacets work well with my beard type and were not an issue with either razor. I also tried Derby Premiums in the Rex and found they were smoother than the Nacets. I will probably look around a little more before getting another razor.

Back
Top Bottom