Paper notebooks

Great choice, I've used these for the last couple of years and wouldn't want to change back. The paper does work very well with fountain pens but can take a while to dry so I've got a couple of pages of blotting paper in mine to speed things up.

Oh lord.

I'm already planning on getting a Hobonichi planner as there is one that starts from April, 2016 and it's apparently THE planner for fountain pen users... Sigh... Hello wabbit hole!

Hobonichi_2016_1.jpg

Great choice, I've used these for the last couple of years and wouldn't want to change back. The paper does work very well with fountain pens but can take a while to dry so I've got a couple of pages of blotting paper in mine to speed things up.
Me, too. Especially useful to be able to blot things if you're a bit weird like me, and like to write something in one place and then add something elsewhere.

My name is Darkbulb and I have a new addiction....pens and paper....

It's so "bad" that I just signed up on a pen-forum. I didn't even know those things existed and in comparison to wetshaving they are enormous... The one I signed up on has close to 100,000 members and 'most people online at one time:' over 18,000 people. Yikes.

I have these things inbound....

- Two Parker 25 pens (fountain and rollerball),
- One 80ml glass bottle w/ Diamine Black Onyx ink,
- A pack of Parker rollerball refills,
- A pack of Parker fountain pen cartridge refills
- Four BanditApple notebooks
- Three Calepino notebooks
- One Hobonichi 2016 Techo planner
- Three Field Note notebooks - California, special edition

Oh wabbits why does thou have to dig thy holes.

I have a large size Moelskine diary which I use for work, and I always keep a note pad with me as well (currently Moleksine cahier).

I'd quite like to branch out and maybe get something by Rhodia, although after this post I'm going to explore Calepino as well!

My favourite notepads are RhodiActive Reporter Pads made by Rhodia. I got them on special order in a pack of 5 from Bureau Direct.

The paper is 90gsm brushed vellum and writes incredibly smoothly, whether using pencil, ballpoint or fountain pen. There is no bleedthrough at all so you can safely use both sides of the paper. A feature I particularly like is having the wire binding at the top, as I find wire on the side of a pad tends to get in the way of your hand when writing on the back of the paper.

My favourite notepads are RhodiActive Reporter Pads made by Rhodia. I got them on special order in a pack of 5 from Bureau Direct.

The paper is 90gsm brushed vellum and writes incredibly smoothly, whether using pencil, ballpoint or fountain pen. There is no bleedthrough at all so you can safely use both sides of the paper. A feature I particularly like is having the wire binding at the top, as I find wire on the side of a pad tends to get in the way of your hand when writing on the back of the paper.

They're the ones that I was looking at - I might get myself some of those when the Moleskine's are no more

Back
Top Bottom