PAL Injectomatic

jds said:
mulligano said:
I haven't got round to buying some for my own PAL, but I read on the other forum that the personnas from connaught will fit.

But better to wait and see what the experts say!

I did email Paul at Connaught with that very question and he said that he didn't know. So I await the expert opinions of TSR. What do you use, then?

Jon

I have a PAL injectomatic, and Pauls injector blades fit.

I recommend stropping the blades once in the razor. Just 5 or ten strokes on denim will make a remarkable difference in the feel of the blade.

/Max

Greetings

All models of Schick and PAL injectors razors take standard injector blades. The only ones available in the UK are Personna Stainless PTFE Coated and the only UK supplier is Connaught's.

Any other injector blade will need to be purchased from the U.S.

The Personna ones are, IMHO, very good blades and are very long lived.

Regards
Dick.

jds said:
I did email Paul at Connaught with that very question and he said that he didn't know. So I await the expert opinions of TSR. What do you use, then?

Jon

I haven't used the razor at all yet - other things have taken priority in line. But it came with a pack of the original blades that I was thinking of using.

I'm glad the knowledgeable ones have confirmed that the connaught ones will work.

Guys, thanks for the information. I picked up what looks to be an unused Injectomatic (with a full blade set too) last night on the bay along with a vintage bottle of 4711, which could be interesting. Looking forward to getting the razor and giving it a run out.

Looks like Connaughts it is then... and I need to pick up some SE's too, might as well make up the order to a level where P&P is free....

All the best

Jon

Greetings

I was watching that razor and the 4711 Sir, it was a good buy.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if when you try the PAL blades that are with it you find them just awful, all PAL blades that I have tried have been, they will not be anything like the smooth shave the Personna Stainless coated blades will give you.

I just didn't want you to load in one of the PAL's try the razor and declare it to be complete crap (which with those blades I feel sure it will be.)

PAL injectors are by the way fairly aggressive more like the earlier Schick E models, but they shave really well.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

I wouldn't be too disappointed if when you try the PAL blades that are with it you find them just awful, all PAL blades that I have tried have been, they will not be anything like the smooth shave the Personna Stainless coated blades will give you.

I just didn't want you to load in one of the PAL's try the razor and declare it to be complete crap (which with those blades I feel sure it will be.)

PAL injectors are by the way fairly aggressive more like the earlier Schick E models, but they shave really well.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks for the advice Dick.. I'm still undecided as to whether I will maintain its pristine status or use it. I was pleased with the price and surprised no-one else came in for it. What is clear, however, is that I need to get an order in to Connaught's....

Jon

Max,

You mentioned stropping... what is your (and others opinions for the matter) of using a RazorPit or similar such modern stropping device?

Thanks,

Jon

jds said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Regards
Dick.

Thanks for the advice Dick.. I'm still undecided as to whether I will maintain its pristine status or use it. I was pleased with the price and surprised no-one else came in for it. What is clear, however, is that I need to get an order in to Connaught's....

Jon

Max,

You mentioned stropping... what is your (and others opinions for the matter) of using a RazorPit or similar such modern stropping device?

Thanks,

Jon

I have never used the RazorPit, but I did gift my father one. He is using cartridges only. He reports that it significantly prolongs the life of the cartridges and that the shaves are more comfortable. So my opinion is it works. However I think it is probably more suited for cartridges, then again I never tried it with DE/SE. And in my opinion you can get along fine with one less gadget in the bathroom cabinet. (Which leaves room for an extra razor if you prefer :))

Simply stropping an SE/DE blade along your pants will also increase the life of the blade, but most significantly it will reduce the rough initial edge that some makes have. This rough feel I find more on SE blades than DE blades.

/Max

Injecomatics- like buses. Nothing then two come along. After snagging a NOS Pal on the bay I popped intro a local bric-a-bric shop that I've been frequenting for a few weeks and they had a boxed, virtually unused Injectomatic with the original blade dispenser and some rusty old original blades. Quick rinse and it sparkles like new. Alas, because I'd been in there a few times asking about old razors they were playing a game with me, but I got it for £7 which I guess is OK and it means I can preserve the NOS as a pristine example. Happy all round

jds said:
Injecomatics- like buses. Nothing then two come along. After snagging a NOS Pal on the bay I popped intro a local bric-a-bric shop that I've been frequenting for a few weeks and they had a boxed, virtually unused Injectomatic with the original blade dispenser and some rusty old original blades. Quick rinse and it sparkles like new. Alas, because I'd been in there a few times asking about old razors they were playing a game with me, but I got it for £7 which I guess is OK and it means I can preserve the NOS as a pristine example. Happy all round

Good find! £7 is nothing really, especially if you really wanted it. Sometimes I'm willing to pay a bit more if I find something in the wild as it seems so rare to come across anything!

Let us know how you find the shave. I'm yet to give mine a shot.

GWma5VT.jpg

mulligano said:
jds said:

Good find! £7 is nothing really, especially if you really wanted it. Sometimes I'm willing to pay a bit more if I find something in the wild as it seems so rare to come across anything!

Let us know how you find the shave. I'm yet to give mine a shot.

It'll happen this week. All loaded with new blades courtesy of Connaught Shaving and I have the luxury of two shaving days at home this week, so it'll be Thursday of Friday

Bye for now

Jon

It's taken a while to get round to it, but I've now had a few shaves with the Injectomatic. It may well be me, but I can't get a close shave at all. So much so that I doubt I'll use it except on the odd occasion when I just want a quick tidy up, not the full monty. A shame, because it looks nice and I'm don't see why I can't get it to shave closer than it does. Maybe after one or two more attempts I'll have worked it out.

Variety, as they say, is the spice of life

Jon

Greetings Jon

That's interesting to learn. Mine does not shave quite as good as a Schick G but less fierce and better than a Schick E. I take it you are using modern or decent NOS blades and not those old crap PAL's?

Mine is a USA model and I think yours is a Brit. model, I do not know if they shave different but I would doubt it.

May be it's just a YMMV thing!

I just can't make any other suggestions.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Jon

That's interesting to learn. Mine does not shave quite as good as a Schick G but less fierce and better than a Schick E. I take it you are using modern or decent NOS blades and not those old crap PAL's?

Mine is a USA model and I think yours is a Brit. model, I do not know if they shave different but I would doubt it.

May be it's just a YMMV thing!

I just can't make any other suggestions.

Regards
Dick.

I am sure it is down to my technique. It's the only Injector I've shaved with so nothing to compare against. And yep, I'm using the modern blades.
It could just be down to my face... it usually is!!

By the way I believe I have managed to secure a NOS Boxed Ever Ready E/G Bar from over the pond. The guy wouldn't ship without tracking so I asked him to send to a friend of mine in New York who I am seeing in July, so hopefully all will be OK with that transaction. Ended up costing under £25 which isn't too bad.

Will post some pics when I have it in my possession.

Cheers,

Jon

Back
Top Bottom