Pal infomation needed

The 1st Models were Brought Out in the 1950s...That is a Later Model from the Early 60s & they were Cheaper made than the Earlier Ones but Great Shavers..It was Reffered to as the Golden Injectomatic Razor..:)

Billy
Thanks Billy, yes the grey/clear box is the same also, unfortuately I did not get the cardboard outer box . Thank you for looking at this for me, always good to know what you are shaving with! :)

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
In addition to the Golden , I have a couple of slightly different ones.
In Cases:-
On Left The Injecto Matic. On Right. De Luxe Injecto Matic, note Schick like handle
Both were unused when I got them, both UK models.

In the fore front. An unused Injecto Matic . Think there are some out there with different coloured bands between the handle and head.

I also have the Golden which I use, and a couple of unused one. I did go through a PAL
mad Phase, no one seemed to want them, so I have a small gathering :);)
Mike

IMG_1007.jpg

Hi Paul,
In addition to the Golden , I have a couple of slightly different ones.
In Cases:-
On Left The Injecto Matic. On Right. De Luxe Injecto Matic, note Schick like handle
Both were unused when I got them, both UK models.

In the fore front. An unused Injecto Matic . Think there are some out there with different coloured bands between the handle and head.

I also have the Golden which I use, and a couple of unused one. I did go through a PAL
mad Phase, no one seemed to want them, so I have a small gathering :);)
Mike

View attachment 21991
You have a great collection going on there, I am pleased I found injector razors because they shave so well and you don't have to spend a fortune to buy them, long live injectors! :)

Pal was originally known as Pal Cutlery Company based in Massachusetts and later in New York in the 1920s and 1930s. They made double edge razors and double edge blades similar to Gillette razors of the time. After the company went out of business and in the early 1950s, the brand name was acquired by American Safety Razor Company, aka GEM, aka Personna, who continued to make double edge razors and blades under the Pal name but also marketed its injector razors and injector blades under the name after Schick's patents on injector razors expired. More Pal injectors were sold in Europe than in the US because Schick pretty much owned the injector market in the US. Even Gillette's attempt at an injector failed because people equated injector with Schick. That's why you find more Pal injectors on eBay UK than you do on eBay US.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/pal-injector-razor.24417/

View attachment 21978 Hi folks, I bought this Pal Injecto-Matic, gold head black ribbed handle, made in Great Britain , it is in mint condition and that is all I know about it.
Can anybody help me with a model name or number and possible year of manufaturer . Thank you in advance for any info you may be able to give me.
Really interesting question & thread - just bought my first PAL & its the same one you listed here!

Really interesting question & thread - just bought my first PAL & its the same one you listed here!
Thank you, I had my first shave with this on last night and found it to be much like my other injector razors....smooth and efficient giving me a great shave with zero irritation , I love them especially The supply provision Single Edge razor being the newest and best and just for looking so cool! :)

Good luck with it, I hope you enjoy shaving with it as much as I do, I'm using the Schick blades bought from connoughs, not cheep but very sharp and smooth and seem to be lasting well between changing. You can buy cheaper blades but I've not tried them yet so can't comment on what they are like in use.

You guys must just trip over those darn things on your side. They are difficult as all get out to grab over here.
Like a lot of things on "that well-known auction site", they come along like the proverbial bus. Absolutely none or very few, for an extended period, and then suddenly half-a-dozen turn up at once. In my experience, I've usually just bought what I thought was a fine example in good order, when the next wave turns up, bearing some even better ones. Such is Life.
It works both ways across the Atlantic, of course. If, for example, you really want a DE Schick Krona from a UK vendor, you'll likely be waiting a long while for one to show, whilst they're plentiful in the USA, and as for Gillettes....!

Back
Top Bottom